Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Reverse Guidance lines...

Ok, it was replaced by the dealer. Next time it goes in for an oil change I'll have them look at it unless I come across the for scan info first.
  2. R

Reverse Guidance lines...

Recently had my 2017 limited repaired from rear end damage, they replaced the whole lift gate. When I put the car in reverse the guidance lines are now gone. I go into camera settings and the only settings is to turn on or off the picture in the corner of the screen with the sensors around it...
  3. R

2019 301A Package?

Yeah, I looked at the order guide, says the 301A deleted on the limited, but this ones a limited and 301A is listed under optional equipment on the window sticker. Build was December 2018.
  4. R

2019 301A Package?

Found a 2019 Limited with the 301A package. I went to look up what was in the 301A and it said it was discontinued for 2019. I got the info off the window sticker.
  5. R

Recall - Rear Suspension Safety Issue

I just had the tow links replaced in Feberuary or March, for a recall, are they now replacing those also? I got another notice in the mail a day or so ago.
  6. R

3.5L ecoboost questions

Almost have to be there when they unload a truck. I've struck out on two now as of this morning. The other day I was scheduled to look at one the next day and it sold first thing that morning so they canceled. Had a line on one today, 4 hours away, they wouldn't deal at all on mine, said they...
  7. R

3.5L ecoboost questions

Thanks for answering, the water pump deal was my main concern. I know my F 150 is external, just hard to get at but at least it won't take the engine out if it goes. I think I'll keep looking for a limited with the 2.3L then unless I can come up with enough funds for a 6th gen. I think they...
  8. R

3.5L ecoboost questions

Is the 3.5L ecoboost in an Explorer sport the same animal as say my 2013 F 150? I've been looking to trade my limited in and come across some sports with the same options, mostly 2017 models that are low mileage at a lower price than I'm finding Limited's. I haven't had any issues in my F 150...
  9. R

Possibly getting an 2021 or 2022 XLT

How does a 2020-2021 XLT stack up to a 2017 Limited? I just got my ' 17 out of the body shop and think it may be a good time to trade it up with the ding on the carfax now. Seems to me like the XLT's have most of the options the Limiteds had. Anyone have any more info on this? Haven't got to...
  10. R

Update Would you call this totaled??

Yes, the Ford dealership here has one of the best body shops around. He said there was a lot of new parts put on it, he said surprisingly nothing structural was damaged and they were able to replace everything that was. They proceeded to detail the rest of the outside and also the inside...
  11. R

Well, after a couple months it looks real good. Not sure if I'll keep it. I think I'm gonna move up to a 2020 or 2021 while I can get good money with the ding on the carfax with this one.
  12. R

Diminished value claim...

Anyone ever file a diminished value claim after an auto accident, namely progressive? I posted the accident a couple weeks ago on here. Would you call this totaled?? Parts are ordered, $15,500 estimate to get our 2017 limited back on the road. It was turned into our insurance. After doing...
  13. R

2015 Sport - crossed jumper cable

My uncle did this on an '06 sonoma, actually he put a charged battery in backwards. It had a Mega fuse right next to the battery that blew. It's even bigger than the maxi fuses that look oversize from the old regular fuses before they started using the mini fuses. His was under a cover and...
  14. R

An update to this dilemma. After some cat and mouse from the dealership getting the estimate sent to the insurance company, they had some miscommunication, the grand total of repairs are estimated at $15,500. They are proceeding with repairs as they value it near $30,000 which is more than I...
  15. R

Kind of makes me wonder if they even turned it in. She was 18 and probably only had liability on that old of a car anyways.
  16. R

Our company has been handling it. They've just been slow. I talked to them and body man at the dealer today. They are having lack of communication getting the estimate turned in. He was trying to get ahold of the adjuster today to see what he needed to do to get the estimate to them...
  17. R

Funny you mention that. She said she didn't see the turn signal. She said she looked up and it was too late.
  18. R

Wife was in an accident 2 1/2 weeks ago. She's ok. The party that hit her insurance never made contact with us which they have progressive so we finally just turned it on on our own to let them fight it out. It's a 2017 limited 58,000 miles 2wd. I talked with the body shop at the dealer...
  19. R

Why are the heated seat cushions so different in price...

My heated seats quit working. Luckily warranty will cover it. Dealer said both heating elements are bad. I looked up the price for the heck of it. Must change the whole cushion. I don't understand why the left side is $132 and the right is $797. Anyone have any insight?
  20. R

Anyone ever just hung new brake pads

I normally just do pads on any of our many vehicles around the farm here. Seems like any time I've had rotors turned, they warp after a few heat cycles and then you get brake chatter. Unless the rotor has some significant defect, I just put lifetime guarantee pads on the first time, then all I...
  21. R

Heated seats quit working

Switches light up. I've got warranty yet, didn't know what else I should try before taking it in.
  22. R

Heated seats quit working

2016 XLT. It has the heat only front seats. Neither of them work, I checked them with an inferred thermometer after noticing they weren't putting out any heat. Checked the underhood fuse, looks good. where do I go to next to troubleshoot?
  23. R

Mud Flaps / Splash Guards / DIY Pics

Sorry, haven't updated my stats, It's on a 2016 Explorer.
  24. R

Lease Buyout Question

I'd search for a similar one on car gurus or somewhere similar. See what they are asking, take off what you think you can talk them down, then figure out if the buyout is a better deal then buying a similar one outright. When it comes down to it, you may be able to negotiate them down a bit if...
  25. R

Does anyone actually love their 5th gen Explorer?

Have had our '16 XLT with the 2.3L eco for almost a month. It was a lease, then was certified with 24,000 miles on it. Got the extended warranty. So far, had to have the broken glove box replaced, and the seat hooks. Other than that, really like this car. Came from a 2010 Edge, which was a...
Back