Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

AK explorers

Check out Alaska4x4network.com For all your wheeling needs. Clubs: Alaska Offroad....Mine...Kenai Peninsula Alaska Extreme....Anchorage area Arctic Offroad...Fairbanks area Too broke to play...Palmer/Wasilla area All have ties to the above board.
  2. R

D44 outers on a D35. I found a better way.

I will use the Dana44 stub shaft and the d35 inner shaft. Racers used to redrill the older ford big five spindle and knuckle in between studs to make it Ten studs. Same with the 6 hole knuckles to 12. All but one of the six holes fall almost centered between the old holes. I'm gonna test...
  3. R

D44 outers on a D35. I found a better way.

I think i've done it! If you drive out the 5 studs for the d35 spindle, the 44TTB spindle is a perfect fit in the D35 knuckle. You'll have to redrill four holes, and you'll still only have five studs unless you drill extra holes for studs. But hey, it only had five to begin with. You have two...
  4. R

Rockford or Chicago Driveline?

Just realized your in AK! Call us, we can build one! Six States Soldotna 1-877-925-9177, Bryan
  5. R

Rockford or Chicago Driveline?

:eek: For a 2-joint shaft!? I could build one and ship it cross-country for that! You do know you could wind up with a vibration if you do this though, right?
  6. R

DA35 5.13 durability?

Well, road trips over 60 miles are rare for this rig, and I CAN get my hands on a set of 5.13's. I have been having trouble finding gears for our customers (gear/driveline shop). You're right, they just aren't building them :fire: I am concernd about the strength of the pinion on the...
  7. R

DA35 5.13 durability?

How stong are the Da35 5.13's? I plan on 33's locked, 4.0 5spd, and a relatively low traction environment(bogs, swamp, clay) This will be under a Bronco2. Anybody had problems that has run them?
  8. R

Rear driveshaft length for SOA 5.5 lift

used to be Sarge's rig. He has MY Explorer now.
  9. R

Rear driveshaft length for SOA 5.5 lift

Could someone who has their X SOA measure thier rear driveline flange to flange for me? I'm lifting my X and want to build a shaft for it so I'll have it when I do the lift this weekend.
  10. us_216_Small_

us_216_Small_

11. us_213_Small_

us_213_Small_

12. us_212_Small_

us_212_Small_

13. us_211_Small_

us_211_Small_

14. bike9ji_Small_

bike9ji_Small_

15. 11111834zt_Small_

11111834zt_Small_

16. us_017_Small_

us_017_Small_

17. us_019_Small_

us_019_Small_

18. us_008_Small_

us_008_Small_

19. us_007_Small_

us_007_Small_

20. R

SO... yer thinking of an electric fan conversion...

I tried to put both a 1speed and a 2speed on my 91 X. NO GO.... The fan motor hits the threaded snout of the water pump. You need a thinline puller or a pusher.
  21. R

sand dunes + sway bars??

No Sway bars on mine. And I hardly think that having no sway bars made your truck almost roll, It's the driver that does that. this felt tippy, but probly would have been worse WITH sway bars
  22. R

welding your spider gears!

I wheeled mine hard here for about 8mo. with no issues. None of the jeep guys running 8.8's have broke axles either. Although one did break a carrier running a mini-spool. And another bent the flange on one over a season of wheeling with 36 iroks. To note is that we have little(almost no)...
  23. R

Looking for someone with a jig for modding TTB beams

Have plasma, have lincoln :D It'll fit.
  24. R

1992 Explorer

Do you have any plans for flares? APD mess with you about them yet? You should post a pict of your Bro's B2 :thumbsup:
Back