Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

installing Explorer Steering Column Shifter Boot ? Tips?

Mission accomplished... The install was EXACTLY as you said.. with your wordage and the video posted by plasticseng I sailed through it without drama.. Thanks to you both for the help...
  2. P

Excellent.. Thanks again for taking the time to help me out... You da man!
  3. P

Excellent!! I'm old, but I think I can do this... About how long did it take you? and on a scale from 1-10... how hard was it?
  4. P

Well.. it just might.. If I have to take all the plastic off like in this procedure... yes.. this might be helpful..Thanks.. I just hope It doesn't come to that...
  5. P

I'm about to install a rubber Steering Column Shifter Boot on my 2003 Ford Explorer. OEM 1L2Z3513AA Old one is shredded and a new one is on the way.. The old one seems to snap right out, but I'm thinking the new one will not be as easy as I have to thread the steering column through it and I'm...
  6. P

Mystery Problem : Need Advice or Theories

I have a 2003 Ford Explorer with a V8..All Wheel Drive Option.. It's got 140K on it and the engine runs like a top.. all maintenance done.. Oil changed religiously...Love it. About 6K ago I put on some new Firestone all-season tires. (that fact may or may not have anything to do with my...
  7. P

No Power-- Cigarette lighter socket- Advice Wanted

Mystery solved... While I hate to take things apart for fear of breaking plastic tabs, etc...I pulled the ashtray / console area around the cigarette lighter socket this am thinking I'd check the connection.. Maybe it had come loose... As it turns out.. there were no wires running to the...
  8. P

No Power-- Cigarette lighter socket- Advice Wanted

OK guys and gals... I have a minor problem with my 2003 Ford Explorer... My cigarette lighter socket has stopped working. All it's ever been used for has been powering a GPS or charging a phone or radar detector... I checked the fuse under the dash and it's good. I replaced the fuse and I'm...
  9. P

WeatherTech DigitalFit Floormats- Bad Fit?

Just a few days ago I received my WeatherTech DigitalFit Floormats.. Woohoo! Installed in my 2003 Ford Explorer and honestly.. I was expecting a perfect fit for the price... The driver's side by the far left-side kick-plate doesn't fit well at all.. It doesn't fit flush in the top-left...
  10. P

2003 Ford Explorer: Need First Set of Tires / Opinions?

Yea yea.. I'm sure somewhere on the site of 10, 000,000 posts this question has been asked and after a half hour of searching I didn't get what I needed so I thought I'd exercise my fingers and just ask... Need the first new set of tires for my 2003 Limited Explorer I'll need 245/65 R17...
  11. P

My 98 Limited Stolen!!

Boo Hoo... My prized 98 Limited was heisted the other day... I'm heartbroken... It was showroom new and ran like a charm with 130K I was on my way back from a motorcycle rally inTexas and decided to stop in Greenville, SC on the way back to Asheville to let the BMW dealer install the new...
  12. P

Heavy Tow Bar .. Where to buy?? Need Advice..

Thx but nope.. Those type bolt underneath and A. Look bad as it looks like you have TWO hitches hanging off the rear end and B. Make the hitch almost too low to the ground. I did my last Explorer that way and regularly dragged the trailer stand when I hit bumps . Never again..
  13. P

Heavy Tow Bar .. Where to buy?? Need Advice..

Hi guys.. Just yesterday picked up a 2003 Explorer to replace my 98 that was stolen last week... Have a question.. This one came with the 1" tow bar package which isn't gonna quite cut it with my wifes heavy horse trailer.. I need a bar with the 2" opening..and they one that goes up under the...
  14. P

AC Questions.. Say it Ain't So..

OK.. have been reading the manual for my 98 Limited... lots to know.. but concerning the AC.. two thngs seem almost obsurd..so obsurd, it could only be in an American vehicle.. maybe I'm not reading this correctly...or using the AC incorrectly. Any epiphanies welcome.. 1. If I want the AC to...
  15. P

Aftermarket Headrests?

Yet again, I now own another American vehicle with very attractive yet very useless headrests.. You would think the Americans would take a look at Euro designs to see that a headrest should actually support the neck and head rather than just be a tilted back protrusion on the top of a seat.. but...
  16. P

Dash Plastic Removal: Need Advice

Just bought my first Explorer this week... Pearl White 98 Limited ... sweeet.. Damn good looking vehicle and purrs like Cameron Diaz on 'ludes.. I do have a question... a minor one. The guy that owned it before me was a traveling salesman and he installed some sort of phone holder on the dash...
  17. P

Touch-Up Paint: 98 White Limited

Hmmm.. I'd rather have a flaming, salt encrusted stick shoved into my eye than go to a dealer for anything.. but I can NOT find any touch-up paint for my 98 White Limited... Color code is WF Dupli-color doesn't have it.. Any ideas, my brothers and sisters?
  18. P

Hello Fellow Explorers... and a Question

Just bought my first Explorer yesterday... White 98 Limited ... sweeet.. Damn good looking vehicle and purrs like Cameron Diaz on 'ludes.. I do have a question... a minor one. The guy that owned it before me was a traveling salesman and he installed some sort of phone holder on the dash that...
  19. P

Advice Needed: 99 Explorer Limited

My wife and I are looking to buy or first Explorer.. We need a V8 for towing her horse trailer and my bike trailer and the Explorer looks like a good choice. I have always liked the looks of the Explorers and now seems to be the time, but I admit.. I'm ignorant of them ... I don't know what I...
Back