Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Official Ny Thread!!

I'm in, need a few weeks notice though so I can arrange time off or a PTO day. Besides, the exploder is in the shop getting a new front end :( control arms aren't cheap. I'll also need to know the emergency light law in NY if that's where it'll be. I have red lights and siren on the X for the...
  2. F

At a loss

Cool deal MrShorty, appreciated. Will be working on that tomorrow when it's not so crappy out.
  3. F

wires thru firewall

Passenger side firewall, lift the carpet, you'll see one there, that's where I run all mine on my 95 and my boy runs his for his 99.
  4. F

holes/grommets in the firewall?

My 95 had a grommet already on the passenger side under the carpet, lift the carpet you'll see the rubber grommet. The ***** is you'll need to get under the truck while someone pushes the wire through in order to obtain the wire, then route it from under the engine to the top. This is where I...
  5. F

At a loss

And confussed Ok, despite searching I seem to come up with two different meanings for the codes, and even many different solutions to the codes. Let me start by giving a brief history. I have a 95 XLT 4.0 3.55 gearing (if it matters) I started (about 3 months ago) getting an...
  6. F

How hard/expensive is it to lower my 96 XLT?

Actually the question WAS answered. Post #2 to be exact. Torsion Twist the front down, and use lift blocks in the back (sold at most auto parts stores). X's are spring UNDER axle so lift blocks will LOWER the ass end. For about 10 bucks you can lower your X about 2 inches with blocks.
  7. F

97 control trac...bad clicking when in 4 low??

Mine did that after a ride through a field. I pulled out a stalk from the transfer case and clicking went away. Probably not your issue, but this was mine.
  8. F

Fog Light Relay

Got it, broke out the multimeter and figured it out, pushed the pin through a wire too far and had to resplice :( Future reference, check impedence on the relay, if it's an open circuit, wire it to the low beam wire....the blue one (on my 95).
  9. F

Fog Light Relay

Ok, before anyone gets their dust plates in a bind, I have searched, and learned more than I thought I'd be able to do on my own. My question however is a bit more unique than what I've found. I have a set of fog lights I need to turn off when the high beams switch on. I have gotten that...
  10. F

action pics

nvr, I my x has "height" envy now. Beautiful truck.
  11. F

Clamp on tank side end of fuel filler hose???

I got one on my 2nd gen.
  12. F

ignition shot?

Check for spark at the wires, unplug one and hold it close enough to see a spark from wire to plug (but not far enough to not cause spark), if that helps. Does it sound like it even wants to turn over? Meaning does the starter turn, or when you turn the key there's just dead silence (aside of...
  13. F

fuel problem.... i think.....

I was thinking fuel filter maybe? Cheaper part to replace ;). BTW Wish I was back in Florida, moved up to the frigid north from Apopka.
  14. F

gas consumtition

$1.40?! I'm moving! In my 95 XLT I get about 64.35 Liters per 1.6km (if I did my math correctly), which SHOULD be 17 miles per gallon. I can usually get about 300 (average) miles to the tank (482.8032km). I hope I did my math correctly, or at least relayed my average distances.
  15. F

How to: 4x4 high in a 95-96 4x4 Explorer

as another snow bug....I just did mine earlier. 4hi in this snow is much better than the auto. Some of our back roads still only have about 4 inches on them (lazy DOT system) I'd spin the rear, auto kicks in, I spin the fronts. Had to back down any hill and get a running start. 4hi I am able to...
  16. F

adding weight

I don't know if I'd make it up or not in 4wd...might have to find a hill like that around here while it's still snowy out and find out ;) I wouldn't put much faith in my truck to make that....then again she's surprised me before.
  17. F

Adjusting brake lights sensitivity?

Same answer I was given "Nope" hehe. I just live with it now, I haven't found a work around, and refuse to replace the switch, more $$ than it's worth imho.
  18. F

adding weight

I'm not thinking weight will get you up that in 2wd :(
  19. F

Same here limited. With the coming snow, 4high would be wonderful. I hate the unpredictable auto kicking in when it wants, then scares me when it decides to run the front (my first 4wd vehicle, still new to the feelings it gives haha)
  20. F

Ok, that is exactly what I needed to know =) Now to buy a on off on dual led switch like we use on the ambulance so I know what mode I'm in and I'm set to do this =) BTW To you guys that question it, I just looked and found it (took less than 10 minutes) 95's DO have a brown wire, just gotta...
  21. F

Sugs on how to fix rear sag.

Personally I did shackles. That removed the sag. Then when I wanted to do a lift I did TT and a hybrid aal/f150 springs to give me 1.5 - 2" lift total. My 95 only took shackles to remove the sag.
  22. F

mph?

Dyno? =) I don't know, but curious myself due to regearing once I go bigger (3.55 with 32+ *cringe*)
  23. F

My 95 has a brown wire.....I think it should work haha. We'll find out Monday. (I'll confirm with you guys that are having issues also from a 95 stand point). Now, just to make sure *I* understand this. since I'm a newb when it comes to electrical mods. I have my switch like this (when I...
  24. F

adding weight

In winter time when I had my Zuk I let 10PsI out of the tires, put about 50-100 pounds of SALT bags in the back (legality reasons here in PA) and it worked nice on BFG all terrain TA's, 2wd convertable. It helped, but not as much as people would tend to think. The legal reason for salt bags is...
  25. F

Which one looks like it can actually go offroad?

H2 = New Porche Syndrome Small boys and big toys to make up for small boys. Get a real truck, beautiful ST.
Back