Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Coolant consumption

I had a similar problem for years and it ended up being a hair line crack on the neck part of the radiator where you fill it. Never leaked or pooled anywhere apparently it would evaporate when it was hot.
  2. N

Could it be my CPS??

Just wanted to share that I was able to change the cam position sensor without removing the intake manifold on my 2000 4.0 ohv Basically removed the passenger side tire and lowered truck onto a jack stand then pretty much laid across the top of the engine. Using a flash light and mirror located...
  3. N

April 2013 TOTM - JD4242 - Double Vision

:thumbsup: Congrats! Definitely an awesome truck!
  4. N

My planned 4.0 OHV rebuild

Sorry still learning forum etiquette
  5. N

I looked the part number on the pacesetter site and lists it for the ranger and Mazda but not the explorer so I guess the vendor figured it must work on the explorer as well....bummer
  6. N

I emailed the vendor lets see what they tell me, I couldn't find a ypipe for my 2000 anywhere online today including pacestter
  7. N

I got em new on ebay, I can wait, let me know when your ready to sell em.
  8. N

they did not come with a y pipe
  9. N

on a positive note when the muffler guy started her up he asked if i had swapped in the 302, so yeah the cam sounds aggressive. :thumbsup:
  10. N

also by the time i got to the 3rd muffler shop looking for help 2 of the driver side header bolts had managed to fall out.
  11. N

the header ball is to big for the collector, header side is 2.5 and collector is 2.25 :thumbdwn: so since its my dd the stock manifolds will go back on for the time being:(
  12. N

Too big for the ends, trying to find a local muffler shop to help
  13. N

Well it's all in! But my pacesetter headers aren't hooking up with collector so I will be taking a trip to the muffler shop in the am, hopefully they can fab up a flange for me and get this done. Any suggestions? Pacesetter 2.5, collector 2.25
  14. N

EQ is stamped, my buddy with more experience will do the work for me being that this is a dd and I can't afford for it to be down more than 2 days, I doubt he'll pull the motor
  15. N

Next mods will be bbk tb, tune from Henson if he's still on it, I'm still not sure about the efan I don't want to be paranoid about it working right
  16. N

Automatic, 2wd, yes 180 so I have to strip and paint them, Thanks for the FYI
  17. N

And I'm hoping the pacesetter will bolt up I'll post my findings
  18. N

I ran out of money so no oil pump, bottom is stock, definitely a street truck it's my dd, I don't know about the compression, the eq heads are like 95tm but better flowing according to odessa
  19. N

Yeah Keith from Odessa made the offer to seat the valves when I was on the fence with the eq heads, they also asked me for the specs on the 422 to make sure it's all done right. Pretty cool of them!
  20. N

Well with guidance from this forum and especially JD I have purchased everything for my upper rebuild, hopefully will be done by next weekend. 422 comp cam Lifters from Odessa Pushrods from smith bros Sealed power rockers from advance auto (best price) Pacesetter headers (gamble) Engine quest...
  21. N

Suggestions for upcoming rebuild Hello I've been following this forum for a few years now And wanting to do a lot of the things I've read about. Finally I will be getting new heads to replace my cracked Heads on my 2000 4.0 ohv, I am in between getting the 410 Cam or the 422. I was...
  22. N

Uneven Stance - Stumped!!!???

I had the same problem, My rear sway bar was bent, had it replaced and the lean was gone.
Back