Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Air Lift bags (review, pics)

Hey, Sorry to hear that, but glad to know you caught it in time & let us know to keep an eye out. Thanks
  2. T

Valvoline All Climate Oil or Mobil 1

Anyone have any experience with either oil? Good or bad?
  3. T

How to quiet the death rattle?

can I switch to 10w30 & add Risoline? http://www.barsproducts.com/100QR.htm
  4. T

Does thicker oil help?
  5. T

Is there an oil additive, or a specific oil grade or brand that will quite a faint death rattle in the SOHC? Will Resoline help? Will Pennzoil Oil be better? It is just starting, and funds are tight, so any help will be greatly appreciated.
  6. T

Motor needs to be replaced

Oh they are not suggesting a rebuild by them at all. They suggested just to put the motor all back together intil the timing chain rattle got louder, then come back. He basically told me he hated to see me dump so much money into an 8 year old truck. Now, after I drain the oil, I only put in...
  7. T

Gunked Up Motor Looks like my options are limited & costly, right?
  8. T

I have my truck in the shop to get the front timing chain tensioner & lower intake gaskets replaced (typical SOHC motor issuesnad I only have 58,000 miles too.), When they pulled the valvecover, they found so much sludge, they recommended not doing anything since the tensioner noise was not...
  9. T

What if......

I sold my Jeep Cherokee 3 explorers back. The New Explorers just do not seem truck like any more. The rangers look great, but I need the back seat & since we do not live outside the USA, the Ranger 4dr crewcab is unavailable in the USA, For that reason, I feel like I will be forced to a...
  10. T

Int.light and tail light fuse

Take it to an electrical pro, I had to do the same thing with my Mach I many years ago, bets $20 buck I ever spent on that car!
  11. T

1999 explorer locked out help!!!!

Get some powdered graphite & start working it into the door locks till one opens.
  12. T

Cigarette Smoke Smell

I used "simple green" & then Fantastic to clean it all. Door Panels, Dash, seat plastics, centerconsole, all the vents, seatbelts, door sills, I cleaned it all. I used Tuff Stuff on the carpets & Seats. Windex on the windsheid & glass. Left all the windows open an inch for days with a bowl of...
  13. T

Weak Link for towing with 2005 X (class II)

Why did they put 4.11 rear ends in Explorers?
  14. T

Air Lift bags (review, pics)

bump
  15. T

SOHV - Can it be made Reliable?

But if the rear chains are not a problem, why change them? (Right now I have the front rattle at only 58,000 miles on the whole truck.)
  16. T

SOHV - Can it be made Reliable?

Can a SOHV Motor with the death rattle be repaired and then be considered reliable?
  17. T

How long can i last?

Mine rattles, but I let off the gas till it stops, but I drive in flat lands too, so that helps. I hope to get it fixed week after next.
  18. T

Cigarette Smoke Smell

Anyone have any success stories for riding an Explorer of the previous owner's cigarette smoke smell inside the cab?
  19. T

Increase MPG on a 2003 Ford Explorer Sport?

4.11 Rear End My motor turns at 2100 RPM at 60MPH with a 4.11 rear end.
  20. T

How do you remove the Interior Trim?

OK, I got it free over the drivers door, but going down from the headline to the dashboad ( the pillar), they seem stuck, do I need a special tool?
  21. T

You may have a bad tail light bulb or socket that is shorting out.
  22. T

SOHC Death Rattle Prevention?

Cost to fix the Death Rattle Was the $1500 for both chains front & back? Was this FORD dealer or an independent garage?
  23. T

Can I rip out that STUPID console computer?

IDEA, I hated my 2 small cubbies in my 99 Ex, so I went to the junk-yard and bought them again, but this time, I unscrewed the stock cubbies & fabricated my own much larger "catch-all" and shelf out of plastic & wood & covered it all in black felt. I now have a place for cd's, maglights...
  24. T

See if you have a bulb shorting out the fuse.
  25. T

How do you remove the Interior Trim?

I need to remove the interior trim that runs along / up the windshield pillars. How is it attached? I am having troublle pulling it loose, as I cannot find any screws, is there a trick?
Back