94 Spooort | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

94 Spooort

Hello everyone! I'm Patrick. I've been here since 2010 but not active for several years. The X-bug bit again so I'm getting back into the swingset. I found this '94 Sport on CL for a good price and I drove it to the house. So far the only thing I've done to it is put a bushing kit in the trans shifter. Shifts like new now! It has 31x10.50s on it with no lift. No rubbing yet but I haven't pushed it. It currently has 3.27 open diffs.

Future plans include:

1. 4in Duff lift
2. 32 or 33in A/T tires
3. Totally refurbish both doors with new hinges, speakers door panels and paint etc.
4. Change 3.27s to 4.10s or 4.56s LS.
5. More stuff!

IMG_20160508_185150_zpso05tiqeb.jpg

IMG_20160508_185206_zpsbt8w5mmp.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anyone know if Ford built Eddie Bauer Sports with 5 speeds? I'm asking because I used a VIN decoder and it said this is one of them but I'm having doubts.

Nice sport! Looks like it is in decent condition. How many miles?

Ford may have built Eddie Bauer Sports with 5 speeds, I'm not sure though. Does it look like the bumpers, lower part of the doors, and lower side trim have been painted over? If it is an EB, these parts would have been tan originally. What does the interior look like? EB's had leather seats, rather than the regular Sport bucket seats.

Thanks man. She runs like a dream. It has about 180k on it. The seats were a clue to me as well. It has the basic buckets in it. It needs some cosmetic love mostly but it's nothing too bad. There's an electrical gremlin causing an annoying crackling in the speakers. I plan to do a full restore gradually.

Here's an interior shot:
IMG_20160508_185236_zps0hqxaexe.jpg

Also, just a tip on the crackling in the speakers. It's more than likely the square connector behind the stereo that goes to the speakers. Had the same issue with mine. It would just randomly sound like somebody slid the needle across a record! It drove me nuts till I got it figured out!

It's definitely a connection issue. Hitting bumps is maddening lol. When I begin working on it I'll try to get pics and a write up going. I'm going to be relocating soon so that's taking priority for the time being.

Back