Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Fresno CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 ranger no more
Callsign
KK6TDL
Just made these. Bolt the lower piece down and then the ammo can locks in with no holes in the can and no tools needed to get them out. I plan to add tabs for a lock to go through to lock the latch shut on the next set. Plan to make some for the larger cans but was testing the idea on the smaller ones. I have not installed them yet in a rig but they do feel fairly sturdy.

Attachments

• 50 cal 1.jpg
    50 cal 1.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 645
  • small can 1.jpg
    small can 1.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 1,414
  • small can 2.jpg
    small can 2.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 743
  • small can 3.jpg
    small can 3.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 735

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I want !

~Mark

Very Nice:thumbsup:

What is the thickness of the metal?

Are you bolting these in or welding them?

I want !

~Mark

Once I get them finalized I can make a few extra to sell. With work though it will be a month or two.

Very Nice:thumbsup:

What is the thickness of the metal?

Are you bolting these in or welding them?

Thanks

16 guage

I was just gong to drill holes and bolt it down with some pan head machine screws. No reason you couldn't weld it down if you wanted to though.

Pretty cool...look out Swag:p:

Very cool. I have a few ammo boxes I intend to use in the bed but never got to the point of considering how I'd secure them. I think I know now.

Nice work. That setup would be perfect for me. I just picked up a shotgun mount an AR mount with electronic locks out of one of our old patrol cars. I'm mounting them in the cargo area. Ive been trying to figure out a good way to secure spare rounds. If you come up with a locking version for the larger ammo can I'd buy at least two in a second.

Back