before-after | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

before-after

This is bone stock and before the bug
Dead Link Removed
This is almost complete for me. Not hardcore, but the way I like it.
Dead Link Removed

[Edited by JJW on 06-21-2000 at 02:52 PM]

Nice truck. What are all the modifications you have done to your truck? Are those AR rims? I'm looking into changing mine to the black American Racing rimes. If that's what they are, do you like them?

Cameron,
Yes those are AR 767 wheels 15X8 with 4.5inch backspace. I like them because thier low cost, $40 each and easy to care for:D They bend instead of crack and any gloss black paint will tuch them up. They go well with the 32's and 2.5 inch JD lift. I did ramp this setup(no score) and the wheels stuffed fine. Even with the stock brake lines and the wheel free hanging, there was still some play in the line. I do however carry a set of pro comp lines just in case. The M/T's did not rub until I put on the dual shock setup. Trace set me strait with a fix for that. I feel the inside rub would have been cured with a 4 inch backspace, but an outside rub on the inner fender would happen at full lock and compression. I still need to do a rear locker, but I will leave the gearing alone.(for now)

How did your tires and gearing work down in Attica in the mud? Did you try the green trail? Lotsa lotsa mud on that one! I wanted to come down but my other 4X4:eek: has a rod knocking and I have two weeks to get it ready for an event. Hope you guys got some good pics. Can't wait to see them.

One thing I didn't like about my truck were the Goodyear tires. They have very little lateral traction on wet pavement. So needles to say I was a bit apprehensive about using them off-road. I was pleasantly surprised at how well they performed. Mind you, I didn’t drive through any heave mud. But they offered enough traction to climb some very steep hills. I lowered the pressure down to about 20 pounds. Down from 50 pounds for street driving.

As far as my gearing is concerned, it was very adequate for 31-inch tires. I thought my Sport performed very well.

Back