Blueka's "Pickle" Registry.... | Page 18 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blueka's "Pickle" Registry....

Since 2005 when I bought "Betty", my UK Explorer, I've wanted a sport...

well, now that I live in Canada, the chance has presented itself for me to get one...

This one.... it's a 99 sport, 4.0 SOHC... it's a total write off for the moment... but when I saw the advert on Kijiji I couldn't say no. It needed some love and I wanted a project to get stuck into, so I did my research and found out how much parts are gonna cost me etc etc.

So. I present.. Pickle.. (cos it's green and in a right mess)

Si
Explorer vin x.jpg
Explorer vin E 2.jpg
Explorer vin E.jpg
Explorer vin E 1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Glad to see you are keeping pickle:thumbsup:

I also fitted the winter rubber.. not sure I like them... but whatever....

You will like them when they save your ass in a blizzard though.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

They're not dedicated winter tires, I couldn't find any in my size, they're just AT's M&S... so probably won't be too amazing in a blizzard... might go back to the MT's

Si

Nice find for 40 bucks!

I just read through this whole thread this morning. Good job! Very impressive swap, considering how much of the 4 doors you used. I'm not as big a fan of Sports as some guys on here, but I would drive that thing everywhere! :thumbsup:

Thanks Man... it was a long process.... I don't get to drive it as much as I'd like, but when I do, the smile lasts for hours after!

Si

I decided to treat myself.... and Pickle for Christmas... I asked Jon (Turdle) to powdercoat me some engine bits to make the engine bay look a little less boring...

These came in the mail today
pickleengine.jpg

They'll be getting added to these bits
050720111564.jpg

I'll put some more pics up once the whole lot is in

Si

So today I took some pictures of my winter rubber cos I want to sell them...

211220111762.jpg

211220111764.jpg

211220111763.jpg

It was then that I remembered that I hadn't put the window back together properly, so when it snowed, it all went inside...

I feel like I've come full circle... It's not as bad as last time though..
25457_382628436572_646656572_430978.jpg

Si

I got a parcel on the bus today.... Courtesy of Tim (vroomzoomboom)...

221220111765.jpg

Thanks Tim!

Oh... it's got some lovely amps in it!!

Si

I got a parcel on the bus today.... Courtesy of Tim (vroomzoomboom)...

221220111765.jpg

Thanks Tim!

Oh... it's got some lovely amps in it!!

Si

when i was at the bus depot, i asked the lady "um....can i send this like this. its amps for a car, but its a joke to the guy who's getting them"

she said "um......well....i.....i dont know???? i have NEVER came across this one before" and was trying VERY hard not to burst out laughing! glad they got there fine. did you also find the TMH decal?

the chick this end laughed too... so did I... yeah, thanks for the decal too man!!

I'm super pleased... hopefully get some stuff installed before xmas... maybe... but knowing my luck.... probably not....

Si

So I put Pickle in the shop last night in an attempt to pretty up the engine bay with all the lovely stuff I got from Jon..

I gave up at midnight and went to bed.... started again at 1pm today and gave up just now... gotta sleep for a bit..

Anyway, I discovered that I have 2 leaky vacuum hoses coming off the EGR pipe and the F shaped plastic joint under the inlet manifold was smashed to bits too....

So, as it stands... my progress is this...
281220111766.jpg

More pictures to come as/when progress is made...

Si

yeah, those plastic parts get brittle over the years. Hang in there, you'll work through this. Just take your time with the valve covers, watch the wire harness carefully, as there is a smaller one which likes to try to get under the valve covers.

Thanks Jon!.. I'm working on it slowly, Sarah's Dad is helping me... but, I've gotta catch up on some sleep as I'm going to be awake all night... probably...

Si

Well, ended up not sleeping.... so tried to get a little bit more done....

281220111767.jpg

That's all folks....

**Edit**

Ended up getting just a little bit more done....

281220111768.jpg

Si

Back