Blueka's "Pickle" Registry.... | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blueka's "Pickle" Registry....

Since 2005 when I bought "Betty", my UK Explorer, I've wanted a sport...

well, now that I live in Canada, the chance has presented itself for me to get one...

This one.... it's a 99 sport, 4.0 SOHC... it's a total write off for the moment... but when I saw the advert on Kijiji I couldn't say no. It needed some love and I wanted a project to get stuck into, so I did my research and found out how much parts are gonna cost me etc etc.

So. I present.. Pickle.. (cos it's green and in a right mess)

Si
Explorer vin x.jpg
Explorer vin E 2.jpg
Explorer vin E.jpg
Explorer vin E 1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, today has been the day from hell, was changing the thermostat housing and one bolt snapped...

brokenstud.jpg

I've tried pretty much everything to get that bolt out, the only thing I've not tried is an oxy burner...

Hopefully get it fixed tomorrow, don't really want to start the new year with a broken truck!

On the plus side, managed to get 4 spot lights to go on the roof!

Si

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Finally managed to get the bolt out, got it all back together and running nicely...
2012-01-01203240.jpg

But, it's still idling high
2012-01-01203533.jpg

Si

For the last 2 days, I've been installing all the audio equipment I've bought recently.

I've now got a working amp, working sub, and a Sony Sirius XM module, all nicely hidden away behind the passenger trim panel.

On the other side, I will be installing all the wiring and such for the roof mounted spotlights.

I didn't take any pictures as my camera was dead, but it sounds good!

Si

For the last 2 days, I've been installing all the audio equipment I've bought recently.

I've now got a working amp, working sub, and a Sony Sirius XM module, all nicely hidden away behind the passenger trim panel.

On the other side, I will be installing all the wiring and such for the roof mounted spotlights.

I didn't take any pictures as my camera was dead, but it sounds good!

Si

Bad Si... as you know, pics or it didn't happen... :p:

it's concealed, so you won't know where it is and you can't steal it!! haha

Si

So, I sent some pics from this thread to OffRoad Magazine... they replied and asked for some better quality, Hi-Res pictures..

Sarah very kindly braved the -30c temperatures today to take 218 pictures...
Here are the 8 that we narrowed it down to for my submission...

PicklesphotoShootJan2012011.jpg

PicklesphotoShootJan2012016.jpg

PicklesphotoShootJan2012076.jpg

PicklesphotoShootJan2012111.jpg

PicklesphotoShootJan2012047.jpg

PicklesphotoShootJan2012194.jpg

PicklesphotoShootJan2012165.jpg

PicklesphotoShootJan2012120.jpg

Hope you like them,

Si

hey simon, i forgot to ask you last night (and cant remember if i posted this already) but did your idle go down after you changed those vacuum lines?

Yeah, it went down a little bit... I did tell you, but I know how much you've got on your plate.. I'm surprised you get any sleep... I know I didn't when I was at the stage you're at now... all I wanted to do was work on the damn thing till it was finished!

Si

This is a Private Album

:(

nice:thumbsup:

not been much progress lately, I've been kinda busy with everything else that's going on...

I've finally sourced a plug to make my A/C work... so that's good.. on the down side, I melted a spark plug wire and now have a misfire... so I need to sort that out...

But, here's a picture...

picklesnow.jpg

Si

Back