Votes: 150 40.5%
  • Yes, Manual

Votes: 51 13.8%
  • No, Manual

Votes: 15 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i once replied to this about being able to spin my tires with my old truck. But now i reply to this about my new truck. It has the 4.6 liter engine with the 3.73 limited slip rear. And that thing can spin the heck out of its tires! From a straightaway or whatever. And the best thing is that it spins both of them, no more one wheel wonder gay burnouts.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by rocket 5979
Well i once replied to this about being able to spin my tires with my old truck. But now i reply to this about my new truck. It has the 4.6 liter engine with the 3.73 limited slip rear. And that thing can spin the heck out of its tires! From a straightaway or whatever. And the best thing is that it spins both of them, no more one wheel wonder gay burnouts.
What happened to Rocket? That thing was badass. Got any pics of the new ride?

Tire blew out and flipped it on the highway. If you want to see my new truck then just go to my homepage button. It is not modded yet that much but it will be soon.

Ok Travis i broke down......Here is a pic of it.
attachment.php

Rocket, i love those new wheels! they look kickass. do you also have any pics of the new exhaust yet? just wondering....

No i sure dont yet. I need to get off of my lazy ass and take some pictures of it. I am sure that some other 02 and up Explorer owners would like to seee how the dual 2.5" pipes are fitted in there. Thanks for the compliments on the wheels also.

I can spin em from a dead dry stop .... Mods in sig .... 275's BABY!!!

Originally posted by DirtDemon85
Ive got a 01' sport with 15" wide tires

Wow. those must be some special tires!!! lol. I think you mean some 15" diameter tires. Right??????

i'm one of the poor guys that had to vote no w/ a manual...
the only exception is if i line my back tires up on the big thick white line at stop lights and then dump the ol clutch it will chirp :rolleyes:

other than that i could never dream of doin it now, when she had about 100,000 miles less i could smoke em at lights w/o a problem, but having 200,000 :eek: makes it kinda difficult, lol

Yes, Auto (Sorta...)

Well, from a straight start on dry pavement, no way...
Brakestand? Nope, not that one either....
Now if I cut a corner on dry pavement, I can swing the whole rearend loose for a good 10ft or so.
Wet pavement is another story though, lol. That sucker gets squirlly!!

This is on the stock rims/Wrangler RT/S tires.

'00 XLT
Flowmaster Exhaust, the rest is stock.

I've got a 92 X sport with the 5-spd, K&N, and 3.27 open diffs. If I pop the clutch I can burn the P235/75R15 Goodyear Wrangler RT/S's right off the wheels on dry pavement. Too bad these tires go for $80.00 apiece!!

On gravel, I can start them spinning when i'm going 50 mph just by dropping to 3rd and hammering it.

On wet pavement I can get the tires to spin and slide around corners, this always turns a few heads.

I can't wait till winter and all the awesome donuts i'll be doing!!!!

When its dry I can for a split split split second until control trac kicks in(im auto), in the rain going straight i can for about 4 feet until the front tires get traction, and in the rain on corners, with all 4 tires spinning you just keep going sideways, fun fun.

I have a '92 XLT with a 5 speed manual transmission. All I have to do is put it in first, rev the engine, and pop the clutch, and I can spin my tires. The front ones at least. Never tried doing it in 4X4.

Originally posted by FordLover61
I have a '92 XLT with a 5 speed manual transmission. All I have to do is put it in first, rev the engine, and pop the clutch, and I can spin my tires. The front ones at least. Never tried doing it in 4X4.

Front ones while not in 4wd?:eek: :

As long as this is a explorer your talking about then you wont be spinning your front tires until your in 4wd. Because all explorers are RWD. some have the LSD which would let them spin both back tires, but alot of people have a open differential which means that only the right rear tires spins. Unless there is very little traction in which case you will spin both tires and probably slide. thought id help ya out there:D

EDIT- Oh and if your front tires ARE spinning while not in 4wd then you have some serious problems that dont make any sense to me.

Originally posted by STEVE-O84X

EDIT- Oh and if your front tires ARE spinning while not in 4wd then you have some serious problems that dont make any sense to me.

OOOOPS I KNEW WE INSTALLED THAT TRANSFER CASE IN BACKWARDS!!!! :D :p :eek: :D ;) :p :eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

5.13's and 35's make em burn !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back