Carlisle, PA May 31st-June 2nd | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Carlisle, PA May 31st-June 2nd

Good time, it was nice to meet all of you! Nice Rides!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Made it home by 8PM. Not too much traffic. We had a great time! We got a chance to see the new GT-40, and they ran from a garage off site to the grandstand. Man, does it sound SWEEEEEEETTTTT!!

Pix will be forthcoming.

thought of new sticker..........

" Got Bumper? "

and it was definatly fun... im down for anything next time you guys all wanna go out..... :D

Originally posted by 94EBexplorer
thought of new sticker..........

" Got Bumper? "

ROFLMAO!! But I'll bet Lizard isn't laughing too much. That sucked!!

What happened to lizardtrac?

Originally posted by ok89
What happened to lizardtrac?
As we're driving up Route 11 to Carlisle in heavy traffic, we come up on a cop sitting in the median strip. He ignores the jeep flying up the inside lane and cutting into traffic, and the Navigator doing an illegal U-Turn, pulls out in front of 94EBexplorer and pulls Lizardtrac over for not having a front bumper. The cop was a TOTAL A**H**E!!!! He was hinting at making Lizard park the truck and get it towed, but finally let him go with a "friendly PA reminder" in his pocket. :rolleyes: :mad: :fire: :shoot: :banghead:

dude couldnt of been no more than like 21 looked like a dork. but i stayed away so he didnt nail me too.....:rolleyes:

Wooha! Well, that was fun except for the traffic and the sun-I can officially say that my face and neck have never been as red as they are now :rolleyes: Thank God for Lizardand Darren's trucks and Jeff's canopy: if it hadn't been for the shade that all three provided I think we'd all be toast!

I had a lot of fun hanging with you guys and checking out all the wild rides...Jeff, ask your wife about the candy apple red 69 mach1 with the 'bowling ball' paintjob that you missed-what a BEAUTY! It was awesome having so many people come up to see our X's (and using the remote start to startle them when they peered into mine, lol). Hopefully it'll lead to more members for next year's show! ;)

Can we start calling Chris "Bumper"?????? :D

Yo Chris! Tuna is talking TRASH!

>sigh<

Now I have to add another one to my sh*t list.....

I should have the pics back by tonight, guys. I'll post one or two and send the rest to Chris to put on his website (no biggie this time-there's only 20 or so pics instead of the 111 from Paragon ;) )

hmmm well while I was at paragon 4wheelin, I got a call from Dasfrem, it seems that I won 3rd place for 1980-UP TRUCK 4 WHL MOD.... cool huh...

Cool in on her list. You get a trophy for that Chris?

I dunno.... gotta find out... but just the recognition is good enough for me.....

btw... Jeff, remember chicken run at paragon... the hill we got your avatar from?

well I hit that today.... I had the front end of my truck about 5-6 feet off the ground, almost flipped over backwards.... it got much worse since we went up it. noone else went up it after that... not even the jeeps....

Just got back from Carlslie right now (7pm) and yes Chris won 3rd place (I asked them what they'd do if you weren't there and they said they'd mail you the plaque and all). What a weekend.

I ended up meeting up with the Merkur guys last night and hung out 'till 2:30am and we did some street racing around Harrisburg, luckaly no cops showed, but it was fun to tag along in this big convoy of about 10 Merks, a Saleen Mustang, and me. I was able to keep up with them fine en route even though some of those guys were doin' some crazy ass manuvers.

Pics, pics, and more pics will be up shortly, I'm beat right now and need food.

Congrats lizrd!

:D

you won 3rd... decent.... i wonder if there is a take home purse..... there are alot of turcks there.... if you win some money that be sweet...... into the bumper fund it goes...... its cause i sat there and told them to vote for you..... :D cool as hell

Awww Right!!! An Explorer getting an award at the Ford Nationals!!

Hey Chris, I betcha the longer wheelbase of the 4door with the locker in the rear would have had a better chance at Chicken Run. :D I can see how that one would have gotten a LOT steeper with the way you had to approach it. Too bad you don't have a shot of you at the top with the nose in the air. Would have made a GREAT avatar!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lizard is a 4x4 GOD! I thought he was going over, but he brought it back down to earth, on it's tires. They wanted me to follow before he went up, and I was thinking about it, untill the front tires picked up. F- That, not a stock Ranger. It was cool, I was impressed with my truck, but I need practice, and some clearence. Thanks Namitey and Lizard for getting me through the park with out the strap, I thought for sure I would need it. Parli22, hope you guys made it back all right.
Carlisle was cool, Good meeting new faces.
Later
Shaun

Back