• Register Today It's free!

What about green?

Kjeffery

Reaction score
City, State
Austin tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
Alright waiting on the 21st to come is driving me nuts. Waiting for the check from the title company to clear on a home sale after we sign the final papers monday.

Today I went to the dealer and test drove a green XLT with black interior. Loved the explorer and it made a good first impression. MFT functioned well and seemed easy to figure out.

Voice command worked better then expected from what I have read here with other people having problems.

Power was good for this car's weight. Ride over the rough roads of Austin was smoother then my truck. Noise was nearly nonexsistant. I will have to get use to the blind spots on the final explorer I buy.

Now, how does everyone like the green on the explorers? I also like the kodiak brown but it seems to be a little dark for my taste.

My sales guy talked to me later in the day since he was with someone else at the time of the test drive. He joked that he would hide the green one until I come in next saturday. Anyway he is going to line up a sellection for me next week.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Alright waiting on the 21st to come is driving me nuts. Waiting for the check from the title company to clear on a home sale after we sign the final papers monday.

Today I went to the dealer and test drove a green XLT with black interior. Loved the explorer and it made a good first impression. MFT functioned well and seemed easy to figure out.

Voice command worked better then expected from what I have read here with other people having problems.

Power was good for this car's weight. Ride over the rough roads of Austin was smoother then my truck. Noise was nearly nonexsistant. I will have to get use to the blind spots on the final explorer I buy.

Now, how does everyone like the green on the explorers? I also like the kodiak brown but it seems to be a little dark for my taste.

My sales guy talked to me later in the day since he was with someone else at the time of the test drive. He joked that he would hide the green one until I come in next saturday. Anyway he is going to line up a sellection for me next week.
The green is definitely a little different. Haven't seen one of those yet. Have you seen a Ginger Ale coloured one on the lot? That doesn't look too bad on the website. I have a White Platinum but I've had a few Silver vehicles in the past. I tend to go for colours that stay cleaner looking longer between washes.

Peter

Since you asked...;)

I have not seen the green in person, but it looks like a grass green on the website.

I HAVE seen the Ginger Ale color in person. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the new EX's but the Ginger Ale looks like putrid snot to me. But hey...I'm an old fart. I'm sure the younger set thinks its "on".

Like the previous poster, I like cars that look clean even though they have dirt on them. I bought the gold mist (looks more like tan-champaign) on the 2011 model.

good luck. You'll love your new Ex.

Since you asked...;)

I have not seen the green in person, but it looks like a grass green on the website.

I HAVE seen the Ginger Ale color in person. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the new EX's but the Ginger Ale looks like putrid snot to me. But hey...I'm an old fart. I'm sure the younger set thinks its "on".

Like the previous poster, I like cars that look clean even though they have dirt on them. I bought the gold mist (looks more like tan-champaign) on the 2011 model.

good luck. You'll love your new Ex.

I agree about the ginger ale. The green that ford has on theexplorer is like a very dark ever green tree color.

The absolute worst green on the planet was chevy vette in the early eighties.....neon green:eek:

No green! :eek: Someday you will want to sell it...good luck!

I saw the green and it is nicer in person then the pics. However you have to think.. if you are questioning it, so will others when it comes to sell. Buy what will make you happy though.

I picked up my Green Gem 2013 XLT on Friday and the color is beautiful!! Really really nice! In the shade, it looks black. In the sun, lovely green. I had originally planned on the Ginger Ale - man am I glad I didn't. I saw one in real life while waiting for this one and ewww!

Here's my new car in the bit of sun we had on friday:

DSC00714.jpg
DSC00715.jpg

I picked up my Green Gem 2013 XLT on Friday and the color is beautiful!! Really really nice! In the shade, it looks black. In the sun, lovely green. I had originally planned on the Ginger Ale - man am I glad I didn't. I saw one in real life while waiting for this one and ewww!
Very, very nice. The green on the website doesn't really do it justice. I really like the way the darker green makes the wheels and the grill stand out. Congratulations FordMomof3.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Peter

Thanks PeterK9!

I'm loving it!! :)

Before scrolling down, I was going to post a link to your Gem Green Ex Fordmom!

KJeffrey, I have a Kodiak Brown Ex ordered. I ordered the brown without actually seeing it in person. From what I can tell by the pictures online though it's a cool color as well and was the right choice for me.

Scroll down a bit through the link to this thread and you'll find plenty of pictures of Kodiak Brown. :)

3008_27.jpg

Before scrolling down, I was going to post a link to your Gem Green Ex Fordmom!

KJeffrey, I have a Kodiak Brown Ex ordered. I ordered the brown without actually seeing it in person. From what I can tell by the pictures online though it's a cool color as well and was the right choice for me.

Scroll down a bit through the link to this thread and you'll find plenty of pictures of Kodiak Brown. :)

3008_27.jpg

I have seen the kodiak brown in person and the green and kodiak brown are turning into my favs. You just don't see them on the road.

I have a test drive set for this coming saturday. The sales person has been very helpful in my quest. He is getting a sellection of XLT'S in different colors to test drive.

Current features I have settled on are- power lift gate, tow package, v6 and the 202A(I think this is the trim level) package. The kodiak and green xlt's both have the 20 inch rims which just look right on the car. All priced from 36500 to 37900 msrp.

I have never owned a ford before but I am liking ford.:D

Kjeffery,

I agree with not seeing them out there. Another reason I love the green.

Have fun test-driving! :) We have all that you're looking at except the power-lift gate. I got the "medium light stone" in mine and it's lovely. Really really nice.

I love the way the Green Gem looks, we have one at my dealership and I think its a great looking color. We also had a Kodiak Brown with the pecan leather and that was such a nice color combo.

I can't wait to see the green in person, it looks like a really nice color. Even the Kodiak brown has caught my attention...and after having driven a brown (beige) car for 12.5 years, I am totally over browns, but it looks really great.

I can't wait to see the green in person, it looks like a really nice color. Even the Kodiak brown has caught my attention...and after having driven a brown (beige) car for 12.5 years, I am totally over browns, but it looks really great.

Last weekend I saw both and I don't think I could go wrong with either color.

Now the situation is that my mother, yes I know being 47 I have taken care of both my handicapped mother and grandmother who passed last year, suprised me with the anouncement of the sale of the house that she was going to replace my broken down dodge. Needless to say I cried like a baby at the announcement.

So she gets the final say on color and she likes the brown more than green. It is a coin toss at this time.

Really it will be a releif to not hold my breath when I drive to work and not have to worry about break downs.

On the down side it also means I will need to come up with agreat mother's day gift and birthday gift. Maybe another custom built deer rifle, like The one I built for Her twenty years ago.:D

I have seen the kodiak brown in person and the green and kodiak brown are turning into my favs. You just don't see them on the road.

That is part of the reason I went with Brown. There are just too many Silver and Red EX's on the road in my area. Especially Silver XLT's. I think its because the grille matches and dealers know they can sell them better.

I kinda like the idea of Kodiak Brown color being different.

jw2013explorer -

here too. Silver silver silver. I do see one red and one gingerale now and then. There are a couple of the older brown color around every now and again - my kids don't enjoy that one. I also see a red.

But I have to say - I see white cars - everywhere! So I had to go against and replace my red mini-van with a GREEN ex...and I'm very glad I did. It's truly amazing :) (now to stop looking for the red car in the parking lot)

That is part of the reason I went with Brown. There are just too many Silver and Red EX's on the road in my area. Especially Silver XLT's. I think its because the grille matches and dealers know they can sell them better.

I kinda like the idea of Kodiak Brown color being different.
I have the Limited with the matching grill but the reason I really liked the picture that FordMomof3 posted was that the grill doesn't match the body colour. That green really makes the wheels and grill 'pop' out in my opinion.

Peter

Peterk9,

I was leery at first (because you know, the only place you can see the thing is on the website with the 13s and because I ordered in feb...well...) that there might be *TOO MUCH* Chrome with the dark - that it would look weird (like a lot of chrome with some dark green). But I was pleasantly surprised!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No bad. For those only keeping only for a few years, resale value of odd colors is a consideration.

Back