deamon3's Jurassic Park explorer build thread | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

deamon3's Jurassic Park explorer build thread

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ALl have to say is please i will pay any one to do my car like this i am the biggest fan of jurassic park i want a car like that so bad but problem is i am a computer guy not a car guy :( can someone help me... my email is pc.arena@yahoo.com if any one has any ideas on where i can get this done or even get car like this i am so wanting one so bad

I'll do it , lol. I'm a computer guy too and I'm learning the jp truck as I go.

As for progress , the engine in the jp explorer is beat , the truck is sitting in my garage with the other explorer. I'd have to say I'm dissapointed that it's dieing at 145,000 miles , I thought for sure it would last longer.

wow im at 214xxx and and its all pretty stock and running strong

You should make one of these to hang from the rear view.

norm-4ccc9f4187b34-Jurassic+Park+%281993%29.jpeg

Here's your brush guard:
http://www.jcwhitney.com/chrome-pla...p2009779.jcwx?filterid=j12&_requestid=2893491

If you don't want the bars in front of the headlights, just bust your your dremel or grinder, and pop those suckers off!

This is a pretty good alternative, but I'm still offering cash to anyone who can find me the proper Go Rhino one.

Also looking for the correct running boards.

Running Boards are an Aftermarket Brand, Manufactured by Dee Zee in Des Moines Iowa. DeeZee Part Number 202-829

web.jpg

Thanks to CK for the running board image!

I don't want to seem like a pest but umm , yeah make your own thread thanks

Who's JP is that on fleabay??

deamon, any news/updates on your JP?

Not sure who's it is . They didn't do too great a job with the paint , granted I used spray paint , but if I put that much money into actual car paint I would have tried harder on the stripes , or not painted over the B pillars , lol. Blue cloth interior for 3,500? I think I'll pass.

As for my own build the truck has been sitting in my garage for over a month due to it , well , being a ford and not running. lol. It has recently started snowing so the explorer is stuck in the garage for the winter to avoid rusting and the delicate paint job. That spray paint just will not survive a winter.

I'm conflicted as what to do with the jp explorer seeing as the vehicle is so problem prone. I have two honda accords that never ask for anything , but this explorer just constantly needs repairs. It begs the question of weather or not to continue the project on such a bad vehicle.

The first gens have certain issues that need to be addressed after a certain mileage, basically requiring you dump a few hundred or so in new stuff. It can be worth it, since it lets them go on again like new, but doing cheap band-aid repairs and trying to avoid the parts and labor of replacement just makes things worse and more expensive in the long run. If you like your Explorer and like working on it, or if it was a one-owner vehicle or something, it can be worth it. If it's just another vehicle and you don't really care, and it's just one thing after another, hanging onto it might not be a practical choice.

Guess you could see what happens on the ebay one and gauge interest in yours. There are people who want them, but maybe more as a turn-key everything already fixed collector vehicle, and not a project truck.

Well it has 147k on it and just runs awful , in fact , it never has really run right.

But my two accords just keep going , one has 180k and the other 250k and they just never ask for anything , they always start no matter how long they sit. The one with 250k has bald tires warped brakes busted shocks but always starts and goes , it's 20 years old with the same engine/trans

But this explorer supposedly already had the transmission rebuilt when I bought it at 127k. It leaks oil , coolent , transmission fluid , it shifts funny , it's loud , it's slow , the brakes overheat and leak , the rockers are rusted gone , and it's 4 years newer them my 250k honda , lol.

I wish I could mount the explorer body on my honda chassis.

The biggest problem is the car doesn't post codes , it flat out doesn't work. tried the paper clip thing and it doesn't do anything at all , doesn't even given me a 111

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yea just stays on , the light isn't on when it's running , which baffles me because that means the car itself thinks it's fine lol.

Back