Explorerforum diff guards? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorerforum diff guards?

truss would be in the way of rocks. at least the way Duff does it....no thanks!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I agree. You want it done right, you got to do it yourself!

Let's seem them pics!

I'd like to see pics of your front diffy skidplate! I'm considering constructing something myself that's a bolt-on, and could sure use some more ideas!

Regarding the Duff 8.8 skidplate, they did offer one that bolted on over the axle tubes that came with or without the truss. However, they no longer make that for the 8.8. Too bad--I'd rather have a plate that attaches that way. Just simplifies things, seems to me.

Funny. I wasx just thinking I need to get some pics. I am selling it. You want to buy it? Let the bidding begin as soon as I get some pics...

I am interested. . .

What would you like for it? :D

I would like a skid plate diff guard. I like the half cage type ones.

Tim

Pictures Finally! Here it is. It attaches with 2 grade 8 Bolts. It is just below the Fill hole in the front of the diff, on the rear it follows all the way until 1/2" or so below the pinion. It is tough. The bottom part is around 3/4" thick. I used this thing multiple times and it worked great. It is built solid. Forgive me the pics aren't the best because it was raining and it needs another paint job.

They will be up tomorrow evening...

:d

Sounds great! I like that attachment description. Eagerly awaiting pics! ;)

OK! Finally! I had some problems with MSN, then the board was down yesterday, but I finally have pics. Like I said, it needs a paint job! Front Picture 1
Front Picture 2
Picture from Back

Hope it inspires some of you guys. If you want it, make me an offer. I will even supply the hardware. All you need to do is drill 2 holes. PM me if interested...

Nice work!

Good Job Kirby!

Looks like good fab work to me. Probably a bit thicker bottom plate that I really need--don't have too much ground clearance anyway. I like the attachment system, though. Kinda strapped for $$ right now, so can't call dibs on it. Should be a nice addition to an off-road vehicle!

Thanks for sharing the pics!

that sucker is HUGE! Nice design though and I really like the way it protects the diff in the back.....

You need something that will help the beam up and over rocks. I finally got my skidplate from Perry in Moab, it is unfinished but I will be installing it this weekend and also making some of my own modifications.....

Back