front key can be move backwards and not flip them? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

front key can be move backwards and not flip them?

Vic_low_loud

Reaction score
City, State
Houston,tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 xl
i mean as move the key where it meets with the torsion bar or the only way to go lower on a 1997 explorer in the front is by flipping the key?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is that when you move them backwards not flip them?

I just start it doing the work my self to my explorer because i paid to 400dollars to a shop to get a 2inch drop all around and find out all they did was take the bolt off and put blocks on the back after they told me they were going to change the keys and leaf in the back but didn't i just when paid some one because i was lazy but now i want to be low and do it for my self

any tips on suspensions will work my

thanks

The keys stay in the same place the are re-indexed or clocked where the torsion bar goes into them. Think of it as holding a socket wrench and holding the arm still being the key, you just slightly turn the socket. In since that what the reindexed keys do. They rotate the torsion bar which moves the lower control arm up, lowering the truck

Is that when you move them backwards not flip them?

I just start it doing the work my self to my explorer because i paid to 400dollars to a shop to get a 2inch drop all around and find out all they did was take the bolt off and put blocks on the back after they told me they were going to change the keys and leaf in the back but didn't i just when paid some one because i was lazy but now i want to be low and do it for my self

any tips on suspensions will work my

thanks

Do you understand how to re-index them? Its about the simplest suspension drop there is...

^^^ x2. if yours is a 4x4, you dont want to go much lower then 2 inchs, or you start running the risk of damaging your cv axles. you may also want to get camber adjusters from moog so it can be aligned properly as well.

Back