• Register Today It's free!

Torsion Keys....

97XplorerSport

Reaction score
City, State
Niagara Falls, ONT
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Explorer Sport
Im not sure if anybody has seen these yet......

http://www.truckn-store.com/product.asp?returnURL=default.asp&ID=87310

They say that the new keys will lower an x or ranger 2 or 3 inches more than the stock adjusters. I want my front lowered about 4". I got my keys out and I was all rdy to do the flip until i saw these. Does anybody know if a 4" flip will ride the same as a 4" with new keys. Im thinking that the only difference will be safety ( less chance of adjuster slipping while driving). Whats everybody else's opinion?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I already got my bolts outs and the max i could get was two inches. Now my only choices are the flip or these adjusters. Im just wondering on the ride quality difference.

It will ride the same. The only difference would be that the bolt would line up and (as you said) you wont have to worry about the adjuster slipping off.

i just bought a set with the 3'' leaf spring.

will those work with the 98 sport with 4wd? and are those flip kits just for the rear drop or the whole vehicle? im knew to the explorer world and want to modify mine this summer

craw if you trust airbagit.com you can get the rear springs and the key sent to you for about 370 total. 3 inch spring for rear. n 4 inch drop in the front. with the explorer sag in the back for oe it will level out. dont want to go to much lower then that. i rub tire when i hit a big dip in the road. but i also took bumpstops out for better ride. they ride very nice. better then blocks. but front rides bout the same as a key flip. fronts just the matter of safty... there just clocked differently to give you more of a drop. just wont slip. some people dont trust that company. but i havnt had a problem. parts or service. but doesnt mean i wont. everything people sell on the net involves risks. good luck

Back