How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX? | Page 26 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

Post number 869 has been selected as best answered.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice... is that a Bullitt in the background?

My truck's slightly younger twin! :chug:

TheXpt2001_zpsf3e9208f.jpg

Yes sir.

1999 got 145,000 still going strong

2000 XLT has 201,400 and idles rough due to burnt exhaust valve but i only paid $500 for the vehicle plus i had to put in a new battery new shocks on front, new sway bar links, new speakers, and a lot more that has to be replaced. it was 200,000 highway miles and it was going fast because they didnt notice the problems on the smooth road.

99 sport that just turned 253,000 miles and still does everything i ask of it..

truck3_zps13448526.jpg

truck1_zps8a2d4e1c.jpg

truck2_zps51cafcf2.jpg

I posted in this thread several months ago, but now my 98 SOHC has rolled over ...
250,000 miles. Sing it Happy Birthday !!

I see Im beat on this one but I am about to turn 200k

I see where others have more miles, but my 99EB has 190-odd thousand and I should be turning 200k soon:usa:

+ 300 000 km. Just bought it too, about 6 months ago. We use it lightly (few times a week to take the dog to the foresty parks near our city. Seems to still run great, aside from the fuel economy that is.

*edit: k(m), added the "m" for clarity.

My 1999 Explorer has over 287,000. I'm holding out to see it turn over 300,000.

When I filled up yesterday, my '95 Limited said 245245.

'98 SOHC XLT 4x4

1999 XLT 5.0 - 101,000 picked her up in July with 98,000 from the original owner who actually interviewed me to make sure she was going to a good home. Summers in Chicago and wintered in Florida.

172,360 miles (278,000 km) on my '99 4 door Eddie Bauer V8. Still tows my 6,500 lb. boat. We "replaced" it last year with a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel thinking it was getting too old to tow our boat in the mountains in British Columbia - however my sons still use it daily and we still tow our boat locally around Vancouver - it has not once never started or had any kind of transmission problems. Fantastic vehicle, still.

1999 XLT 5.0 - 101,000 picked her up in July with 98,000 from the original owner who actually interviewed me to make sure she was going to a good home. Summers in Chicago and wintered in Florida.
LOL! I laughed pretty hard when read this, but after thinking about it, I realized that I'm pretty attached to my Exploder, as well.:eek::D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LOL! I laughed pretty hard when read this, but after thinking about it, I realized that I'm pretty attached to my Exploder, as well.:eek::D

It's true! It was his adult daughters and they had it since new. He even told me that he didn't want to get rid of it but his daughters health was not good. He just wanted it to go to a good home with someone who would love it as much as him. Almost mint condition and it had under 100,000 miles and exactly what I wanted.

Back