In or Near Philadelphia? | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

In or Near Philadelphia?

Ok, time to find directions. The only times I've been through Philly, was at 3:00AM en route to Virginia, to look at a 56 F100. Spas, Good Luck tonight, I hope you blow the doors off what ever you race. The sad thing about those Blazers, they are prob. 4 bangers, or Small 6s. I read some where that if you cool down your intake with a bag of ice between races, it helps the motor run stonger.
Later,
Shaun

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the blazers are probley 4.3 supercharged..... hate to break it to ya spas... dont think your gonna touch it. But yes the ice does help.... Cooler the air you suck more HP you get. if thoses are the new Xtreme blazers your talking about.... they are pretty quick... i think they run 15's maybe low 14's

and if the blazers are the older late 80's models they are Typhons (spelling?) which are 4.3 v6 Turbos same motor as the S-10 Syclones I think... both are quite fast

Maybe I'll have to build a 5.8 Explorer Sport 2x4 "Chevy Eater" :D

Oh and the ice = poor mans super charger, the colder the air going in the higher the density = more air to burn, I would ice down the upper intake

2 of my friends both have typhoons and syclones.... and all i can say is :eek: mad fast and they hook up like no other being all wheel drive.... the new blazers are 4.3 votech's supercharged... are quick also. savage is right also.... you ice down the uper intake.

I think I'm gonna need more than ice, fellas....

1/4 mile time for Blackjack with no air filter, overdrive turned off and Namitey-approved-Ford racing hat on head....

16.34 @ 84.10 MPH

Who is it that makes superchargers for the SOHC again?? :D

I won't even tell you guys what my first ever run was...aside from embarrassing, lol. In my favor though, I dusted a riced out Olds and got my @$$ handed to me by a 2002 Lightning in the same night ;)

There were four other X's there (all were 97 or newer 4 doors) and not a one got under 17 for the quarter mile. My new buddy Ben assures me that even his pal with a 5.0 X and a diablo chip only made 16.1...

I need more practice to get my response time down...maybe if you guys were to come down here and make some "Hey, there's tuna at the finish line" jokes it might goad me into a better time, LOL

Dude I think mine runs 16.2 stock....... (i think) SPAS WE MUST RACE!!!!!!

well Spas, should I start looking for another 5.0 v8 :D
and the supercharger for the 4.0 v6 is made by Dead Link Removed and you might want to look in to getting a chip for the computer first

Only prob with the BBK instacharger is that it's for the 4.0 OHV, not the 4.0 SOHC. But if the motor swap that I'm planning on doing goes well then I'll have an extra 4.0 OHV w/ 5 speed tranny (that's what really helps)for sale that'll be all ready for a supercharger.

I was just wondering what time we were all planning on meeting on sat

11 Am, I believe, in the parking lot at Valley forge.

I guess we should wait for everybody to get there, then we can do the conga line to the mall ;)

Those of us going to Lizard's house for Paragon need to leave by 4-4:30 pm in order to get up to Hazleton in time for BBQing, upacking and night wheelin'.

Speaking of BBQ....I haven't heard back from him, so unless he posts in the next week I guess he's not coming :(

List so far-- Feel free to correct me:
(Going to cruise)
Spas
Alpha
Lizard
RoadEnforcer
JDraper
94 EBExplorer
ExplorNJ
Das Frem
Savage Wolf
Namitey
Muskrat
(SmithG3?)
(BBQMAN?)
(KidsX?)

(Paragon crowd)
Spas
Lizard
94EbExplorer
ExplorNJ
Namitey
Muskrat
Das Frem????
Savage Wolf
Parli22

We need to hear from everybody who's bringing someone along so Enforcer can make a reservation at TGIF!

I know I'll be bringing two besides myself, so that's
3 for me...

Make if a quicky on the responses guys... I wanna make sure we get enough tables.

But how many people you bringing Darren?

Just got back from the Rock Dawg run up at paragon and it was a good day. The Skunk (Lizards truck :)) got to winch out a couple of jeeps. Today we went to Harry's u-pull it and i scored a borg warner 1354 tcase for 50 bucks! As im sure most of you know my current t-case slips when its underload. It looks like the t-case is in proper working order so with anyluck ill be ready for some wheeling by next weekend!

The KOP Cruse strikes again! I almost hydro-ed in a mud hole, broke the EGR valve clean off, and I think I cracked two spark plugs with the water, I drove home 1.5 hrs on 4 cylinders. Hmmmmm, Spas, wanna race? I think my old 2.3 ran 16.7 with no weight in the bed, I sat at the tree and spun for about a sec when I ran it, I think this truck will haul ass. I know what your problem is, Auto vs. 5 spd. and you went out and bought my hat. With any luck the Ranger will be back to normal tomorrow.
Later,
Shaun

Should you talk spas? :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Spas

You sure that's not 2 'kids' and 1 adult?? :D

Oops, my bad, I forgot my wife qualifies in the 'kid' department :D :D :D :eek: :eek: :eek:

ok now I'm officially dead!!

Back