Got a lil' mud on the tires! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Got a lil' mud on the tires!

...40893, good job on having fun and yes, BFG A/T's are all they say they are..:thumbsup:

...I also like your wheel choice..What size wheels and tires are those???
Sorry i took so long to reply i was at the beach.it has 15x8 american eagle alloys and 30x9.50 bfgs.oh yeah and i had it in 4wd drive just in case b/c it isnt exactly a public trail and didnt want to chance gettin stuck.i hit up the local drive through car wash and got the deluxe wash after.it cleaned it good but there was still a little clay residue on the tires.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lol that aint nothin.. someone wunna host a pic for me ill sho ya mud on a first gen

Oh believe me if there was more mud i would of at least tried to go through it! You should of seen the undercarriage. Clay was caked over everthing.Even after a while with a powerwasher theres still a good amount underthere.And hey i kept up with a lifted cherokee no problem so i was happy. But ya im sure your explorer has seen some mad mud! You should post some pics of that beast covered in it.

i'll show u guys some mud on a first gen:

n690405658_1816242_163.jpg

n690405658_1816254_3948.jpg

n690405658_1816251_2979.jpg

n690405658_1816255_4276.jpg

n690405658_1816256_4602.jpg

Thats at triangle beach in Richmond, British Columbia. There were only a few mud holes left. After it rains that whole area becomes a mud hole. My buddy's 2wd Bronco II kept getting stuck, and i usually was able to pull him out in 2WD. Gotta love the 3.73 Traction-Lok.

Okay... been meaning to ask this...

but how on God's green earth, do you get mud on the front? i understand about the sides and near the wheels and underneath... but i mena, i just don't see how you get it on the front... is it from dipping into a mud hole?

i would have to say, its either from going in fast, or someone in front of you stuck with their rear wheels spinning.

i went thru a huge bog didnt even get the grill dirty...engine pristene..my friends were like nah dude nail it.. i hit it a lil faster..mud/water all over the front AND roof!

Worst thing about getting a little mud on the tires is having to work on it later. Once you go mudding in Carolina red clay you will never get it all out, you can pressure wash for days and you will still need goggles to work unerneath. In this pic I had to stop about every 200 yards and clean the headlights off.

Explorer_002.jpg

You know you had a good time when you have to shovel the mud off the driveway.

Explorer_0091.jpg

Got Mud?
Wide tires, soupy mud, and high speed tire spin will cover EVERYTHING with mud. All the mud below was from me.
WB_Mud_4_Medium_.jpg

I have never been able to muddy up the back door. The front is from high speed mud runs along with the depth of the holes.

Back