Lifting your explorer to clear larger tires- | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifting your explorer to clear larger tires-

will a nissan najoe body lift fit on an 01 xlt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey guys....

been a long time since i been on here..

my 96 X sport is still stock..

Been going offroad with it finally, only had it for 4 yrs...lol

Im shocked of what it can do, but want to get it lifted...im thinking 3-4"

everywhere i look, it seems lifts cost 900-1200 dollars.

Just trying to see what everyone else is doing...BESIDES a shackle and TT

hey guys i have a 96 x sport i want to do a 3" body lift what kit do i use i have looked and have no clue i'm new to this please help

I'm still dubious about those single leaf rear suspensions.

i looked and the pa883 kit from summit they don't have it anymore???....

No PA???? - Use 3-4" cylindrical boat trailer rollers

If you are not rock climbing and trails are second to being a daily driver and not crazy difficult, use 3 or better 4" diameter by three in long black rubber solid rubber boat trailer rollers. Find them at a boat supply shop and DONT get the cone shapped ones. Otherwise, go to an ice skating rink to get some hockey pucks - they're only 1 inch thick so this is when you do a professional job of liquid nail - and dont forget to spend the extra five bucks on grade 8 bolts instead of 5s.... over-engineer for an extra five or ten bucks there

Whats the price for a body lift for a 97 explorer? I know they dont make one and you either have to buy an f150 body lift or a ranger body lift? is that correct and if so which one is better??

Good informative thread. Glad to hear my ranger PA body lift sitting in the box(883) works on my 98 explorer.

OK< i got 1, after lifting my 01 sport with a3" add a leaf in the rear and torison keys to bring the front up level, i have this annoying vibration. i can feel it between 20 and 30. then goes away til 60 and then just gets worse. coast/accel doesn't seem to make a differance. cant imagine a bad tire suddenly immediately after a lift. the pinion seal looks wet.
any thoughts?

How much did you crank the front? Mine is about 2 inches and it puts cv joint at a bad angle causing my vibration. Lower it a bit and see if vibration lessens.

re

Absolutely positively can not be the front driveshaft. its a true independant front end. the differential and transfer case are in the same location as stock because the front diff is bolted solid to the frame. only the outer un-equal length control arms move. just left my dad's toyshop............ even the 1911 autocar truck he is working on has a cv joint in the driveshaft, not a crappy single u-joint driveshaft. I guess 92 years and FORD still doesn't understand the concept of advancements. nevermind, its now going on ebay. i'll go back to jeeps.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 96 explorer 5 speed 4 door.... its sagging in the rear, I want to lift it but I really dont know where to go with it.. .I have a 3 inch body lift to help....I am currently running 31 10.50s no problem suprisingly.... thinking I can fit 32s or maybe 33s under it... but I want my rear to be higher.... any sugestions idears??

Back