Lifting your explorer to clear larger tires- | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifting your explorer to clear larger tires-

I have 31x10.5 on stock rim with no lift and i get minor rubbing at full lock.

I have the gangster lean condition. I measured the height of the exporer in two places, the distance between the top of the tire and fender and the ground to the fender. parked on flat surface, 1/4 tank of gas, and no people or cargo inside. here's the results.

driver front - 4 1/2 and 33 1/2

pass front - 5 1/2 and 34 1/2

driver rear - 3 3/4 and 32 3/4

pass rear - 4 1/2 and 34

so it is 1/2 inch higher in the front and 1 inch higher on the passenger side.

Plan A is warrior shackles and then even out the front with TT screw. I'm shooting for a rear height of 36 with a slight rake, about 35 1/2 front height and even out the left/right lean.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Put a passenger side spring on the rear. thats what i did couldnt get it even with tt bolts

passenger side spring on drivers side that is

Performance 883 body lift w/ 32 inch tires

ford5_zps0d21c879.jpg

ford6_zpsbd664002.jpg

ford4_zpsc4fcee95.jpg

3" body lift looks good.

I made my own shackles and lifted the rear about 2" with sagging springs. Will level out when I have some time. The shackle lift is really a very easy job to do whether you make or buy them.

I have 265 70 / 16 tyres on my 98 Explorer.

2000 Mountaineer lift kit

Hi all I'm new here and I'm looking for a little help !!! I just grabbed a 2000 Mountaineer AWD and I'm interested in buying a lift kit what's a good but inexpensive kit, and could someone please clue me in on what's better, a suspension lift or body lift? I need good ground clearance and some decent size tires, any and all suggestions are welcome Thanx

Thanks for pointing that out for me Juggernaut. I ended up with a set of lift shackles a friend had laying around. They were basically just two pieces of flat bar with holes drilled through for adjusting height. I was worried about the strength so I welded plates to box them. Now I am running 265/75/16s on it. Looks good and rides great. I'm happy with the ride height for now but I will be going taller in the future.

lift to clear 285 75 16's

I bought a set of mudstar 285 75 16's. OMG they looked huge. I was afraid I'd be cutting sheet metal. I installed 2" shackles in the rear and TT front lift of 2 1/2". I put the tires on cragar black spoke steel's with 0 offset and 4" backspacing. Wheels mounted and no problem with brake caliper or upper con arm clearance. After driving it around I only had to trim some plastic from the bottom corners with a multi tool. Took 4 minutes and you can't even notice. While she was up in the air I installed a Spartan locker. God I love that thing. I actually like the muffled ratcheting sound as I know it's working. Nothing can stop this baby now. I was walking up and down Bronco hill's climb trails in Collier's Mills with no problem at all. I think with the tires, clearance and locker it would have done it all in 2wd. Water almost up to the hood. I need a snorkel.
I just bought a home made winch bumper from ebay for 465 shipped. Thing is a work of art. I have an 8000 lb X20 to mount to it. I love my explorer.

Does warrior make an OEM length replacement shackle for the 2nd gen X? I want to replace my old rusty one's with stock length one's and lift it with AAL's.

Thanks for the helpful STICKY. Saved y'all from a pointless "lift question" thread. Good on y'all for having this board up.

I'll post my question here instead.
What are "other" options as far as lifting the front end of a 2nd gen Ex aside from the torsion bar lift and a body lift? Looking for 2-3 inches.

1999 Mercury Mountaineer 2 inch lift

Hello guys this is my first post, I have a 1999 Mercury Mountaineer and I'm wanting to do a torsion key lift in the front and a 2 inch add a leaf in the rear and I was wondering if I needed to get different shocks or can I just use the stock ones? Thanks Grant

Hello guys this is my first post, I have a 1999 Mercury Mountaineer and I'm wanting to do a torsion key lift in the front and a 2 inch add a leaf in the rear and I was wondering if I needed to get different shocks or can I just use the stock ones? Thanks Grant

You can use the stock shocks, I'm using a set for a newer 2000's middle f150 and just pressed in the dog bone to bolt it to the top mount.

Hey guys I want to do a cheap lift on my 96 v8 awd, so I'm going to do a tt but have a couple questions. First question is how do I know when to stop so I don't bind up cv's and ball joints? Also do I have to change my endlinks after doing this?

As far as the rear lift, would adding a helper leaf be a good option or is changing the shackles better? Is one option more stable than the other handling wise?

I lifted my 99 4.0 4x4 with and extra leaf and raising up the keys in the torsion bars. I was able to fit 31" BFGs very nicely.

How cheap are you going to be?

Torsion keys can be had for around $50 from ebay, and the ProComp long Add A Leaf was a little over $100.

That will give you an easy 2" up front and about 1 1/2" in the back.

Warriors are just shy of $100, then you'll have close to 3" in the back.

If you go 2" in the front you should get the longer shocks. I think retail is about $60 each. If you have Advance Auto Parts nearby you canbuy online and put TRT30 in the discount code and get 30 percent off.

I just did mine over Memorial Day weekend.

MT

Another benefit of tempered glass is the ability to stand up to moderate heat (470°F). The process that creates this strengthened glass also makes it heat-resistant. For more visit
..........................................................................................................................................
Tempered Screen glass protectors

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im wanting to put 32 x 10.5s on my 01 ex sport. Will a 2" suspension lift do it?

Back