Moab 2016 | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2016

Group Photo

Might I recommend that we do the group photo Sunday morning at instead of the Branding Iron Saturday evening. I remember the sun not cooperating with us last time. Maybe at Potato Salad Hill.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, we're headed out first thing Sunday morning, so I don't think we would be able to partake in that.

Sorry to hear Daniel. Life happens sometimes. Will always be another chance.

Ok, Got my spare drive shaft storage figured out. I will mount it to this cargo box I just made. Drive shaft will fit on the backside of it, behind the seats. Just waiting on the mounts to arrive, then in it goes. :) Thanks for the ideas and suggestions here. It got me motivated to do this last minute mod, and sure will come in handy.

Attachments

• Drawer finished open.jpg
    Drawer finished open.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 186
  • Drawer finished closed.jpg
    Drawer finished closed.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 219

Sorry to hear that Daniel, was looking forward to seeing you as always man! Hope things turn out for the better back home.

As far as the Galaxie project, holy smokes is it coming down to the wire! The original plan was to stay in Moab from the 14th to 22nd, but if I need to I may put off coming till the 16th just to get the rust bucket running! If anybody has a little luck they can spare I could sure use it!

Just saw a video on rock chucker in metal masher, none of the jeeps were making it up, I wanna try!!

Wheelbase sure helps there. I've been up it.

Not an Explorer, but close in wheelbase...

I like obstacles that if you screw up, you just flop over instead of rolling down the rock 4 or 5 times, or more.

Going to have to drop out due to family issues. Hope you guys have a fun trip!

That sucks Dan, looks like we are going to have to be web wheeling for this Moab. I will be on the thread with tears in my Dr Pepper.

Sorry to hear you won't be able to join us Dan.

Anyone up for a little Sunday run on the 15th? Something easy to test our untested rigs. Not sure who will be there yet.

Wish we could be there that soon, but we are cutting it to the wire on our build.

Just got the transmission back last night from the rebuilder. Hopefully tonight we can stab the trans and transfer case. Some big things still left are:

Figure out entire A/C system
install all of the front 4x4 components
install locker(s)
reassemble interior and get all the interior wiring sorted out
tires
State inspection and new reg
alignment
drive cycle

and about 2 more pages of little things haha. hopefully we get er done in time. would hate to show up in moab without the mystery rig and instead boring old Roscoe :(

Roscoe was anything but boring at Moab 2015.

Anyone up for a little Sunday run on the 15th? Something easy to test our untested rigs. Not sure who will be there yet.

I'll be there sat, so I am up for it. What route you taking when you leave. I will be running alone on this trip, so I am leaving Thur afternoon. Will be taking my time - no rush - maybe meet up with you on the way.

We'll probably take 287 to interstate 40, looks like the straightest route, leaving early Friday and staying somewhere around halfway or so. Not sure what Grant is thinking, but surely we'll cross paths somewhere.

and about 2 more pages of little things haha. hopefully we get er done in time. would hate to show up in moab without the mystery rig and instead boring old Roscoe :(

I certainly hope you can pull it off, but no matter what you show up in it will be great to see the Bandit Customs crew in Moab:thumbsup:

I certainly hope you can pull it off, but no matter what you show up in it will be great to see the Bandit Customs crew in Moab:thumbsup:

AWWW :thumbsup: We cant wait to see you guys again!!! Especially when we get around to talking about the pumpkin 5.0 swap :D

Loading. Up.

Phase 1 complete:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 14625895022721037313557.jpg
    14625895022721037313557.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 160

Pre-Moab Obstacle Test. . .

Ready for Utah . . . .

. . .
IMG_0430.JPG

Long list of upgrades this year, but as always, "The projects expanded to the time allotted." Didn't build the rig from scratch, mind you, but still a lot of things done, finally . . .

Paul
'91 Sport

. . . and yes, that is a handicapped parking curb at the mall.

I'd totally be interested Birdy! I got Mad Max running tonight so it looks likely that I'll be there Sunday :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Paul;3534251]Ready for Utah

Long list of upgrades this year, but as always, "The projects expanded to the time allotted." Didn't build the rig from scratch, mind you, but still a lot of things done, finally . . .

Paul
'91 Sport

You said in 2013 that the next set of tires would be the MTR's, and BAM! There they are! :thumbsup:

Your going to love them on the trails. ( any trails!! ) :salute:

Back