• Register Today It's free!

music files on usb drives

VR3

Reaction score
City, State
chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer XLT awd
I don't have explorer yet so these will propable sound like a noob questions.

I'll probable use my usb storage drive instead of my ipod touch for music. Is it recommended to use a specfic order/layout for the music files on the usb drive in order for MFT to index?

I read something about "syncmy ride for itunes" software, has anyone used it?

fat32 is the format?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All I read was that the order in which they were copied is the order in which they were played...whatever that means.

I have copied over the albums, each in their own directory.

When in the audio player, I can shuffle or select by album or artist, so the functionality seems fine.

On the other hand, I am not pleased with some issues with songs skipping or freezing, then advancing to the next song. I have not done any troubleshooting yet, but I will try to copy another 3-4 albums and see what happens.

The sound quality is excellent - these are 192mbps files.

R

I've used an 8g USB for my music and shortly will move to an iPod touch I hope. The only reason I like the iPod is that I am on an iMac and some of my music is still DRM, though I am converting it. What I like about the iPod usage is that you can use a playlist to move music so much easier whereas with the USB, you will have to drop to the folder level and copy the individual files.

I have found on my unit, and I don't know why, that every time I crank the X up it re-indexes my USB card.

Aside from that, all my files are recorded in 192mbps or higher and sound great, much better than Sirius or normal radio.

fat32 is the format?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Yes that's correct.

Back