New Product Dana 44 hub Locking nuts | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Product Dana 44 hub Locking nuts

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..i was hoping 410fortune had some luck after they told him it would work...that will be the first call and i plan on making a few....mechanically i can see how it is far more superior to what i've got...:D

I was told by them that they have fitted these hubs to a dana 35 ttb spindle and knuckle. I believe there is even a picture of this on their website, however Rick says it wont work and I believe he had the hubs in his hand...so I dont know what to think but I am not giving them any money just yet.

Perhaps they fitted it to a dana 28 TTB and were mistaken?

Would sure love to get some clarification on this

I think you hit it on the head..

They said they put it on the spindle/knuckle. The problem wasn't on the spindle or nuckle. The issue is the entire assembly won't fit in the hub once it is on the spindle.

~Mark

Ah I see yes that sucks.....

I will continue my own fix then, which is to add material to the lock ring washer so it fits in the spindle snug (no movement) and then of course check the wheel bearings 2-3 times a year

They said they put it on the spindle/knuckle. The problem wasn't on the spindle or knuckle. The issue is the entire assembly won't fit in the hub once it is on the spindle.

~Mark

Exactly. I still have the kit they sent me. He said I could keep it for my D44. I haven't installed it yet. If anyone in the Phoenix area would like to come by to try it out just to double check, that would be great.

However... if the locknut assembly has to fit into the hub which I'm 99% sure it does - it just ain't going to fit.

this still going for the group buy if so i am for a pair for my axle. I takes my like ten trys everytime to get them right. (hopefully they ship to apo)

I just got off the phone with bruce from stage 8, and he says the d30 and d35 versions hit the streets 6 weeks ago. anyone still in? I'm gonna call him back tomorrow.

I am....

~Mark

Can we get them before Moab? Even if we can't, I'm still in for a 2 sets of the D44 ones. (One for each side)

decided not to wait 160.90 for a pair shipped to my house.

63 days till i get home

..I'm going to wait for the reviews..;)

decided not to wait 160.90 for a pair shipped to my house.

63 days till i get home

Its been 6 days.. Did you get them/install them yet? :)

Yes, I'm impatient...

~Mark

edit: It just occured to me.. I think I need two sets now .. one for a dana 35 and another set for a dana 44 (don't "need" it for the 44, but then I wouldn't have to worry about the bearings coming loose)

~Mark

Is anyone at all running the stage 8? Rick did you put yours on?

Mine are coming loose just a little and i want to correct the problem if these will fix it

Yeah Yeah i know its a older thread but im not making a new thread just for this?

i installed these while home on leave. took about 20 minutes at side max. worked like at dream. well worth it would/will do it again.

no issues yet but i only got maybe 100 miles on them max. my x is in storage as i am in the wrong place again.

This spring I ordered a set for my Dana 35... as mentioned waaaaayyyy back, they WILL NOT for a TTB Dana 35. Our hopes of a set are still up in the air. I was quite ticked off when I ordered them... seeing as the web shows the Dana 35 being one of the sets available. Good thing the person I ordered from was a decent person and didn't charge me a re-stocking fee.

Maybe if enough of us call and pester this guy like there's nobody's business, he will either update his web age or start making some.

This spring I ordered a set for my Dana 35... as mentioned waaaaayyyy back, they WILL NOT for a TTB Dana 35. Our hopes of a set are still up in the air. I was quite ticked off when I ordered them... seeing as the web shows the Dana 35 being one of the sets available. Good thing the person I ordered from was a decent person and didn't charge me a re-stocking fee.

Maybe if enough of us call and pester this guy like there's nobody's business, he will either update his web age or start making some.

I know they orig. said the dana 44 ones worked on the 35 which we know isn't true. But I thought they made a dirrent set for the dana 35 now.. sounds like they don't

~Mark
Posted via Mobile Device

Don't get me wrong... they will go on and they will stay tight. But you won't be able to get your locking hub over them. Kinda defeats the purpose.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sooo.. the kit they sell for the dana 35 is Still the set they sell for the 44? Which like you say, won't fit inside the hub. That sucks.. I thought they started to make a different set to use in the dana 35 that was smaller.

~Mark

Back