Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Oil Pressure Sensor Change - 2012 3.5l V6 Explorer

Discussion in 'Tips and Technical Info posted by Technician's' started by Russell Bennett, October 12, 2017 at 2:18 AM.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Russell Bennett

Russell Bennett New Member

City, State:
      Abu Dhabi, UAE
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2012, Explorer & Limited
      Good Day Folks

My 2012 Explorer Limited 3.5L V6 has started to stall in the last 7 days when idling. It also nearly stalls under heavy braking and complete stop. When it stalls 'Low Oil Pressure' warning message appears.

The oil level and condition is fine.

I was going to start by eliminating possible causes, first being replacing 'Oil Pressure sensor'.

I located this last night tucked above the oil filter and A/C Compressor.

Could not see a way to change without removing A/C compressor, seems bit extreme for such a usually easy job.

Any advise from you good folk who have changed the Oil Pressure Sensor in the Past on a 2012 Explorer.

Thank you

Regards

Russ

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.