Owners in Van/lower mainland BC Canada? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Owners in Van/lower mainland BC Canada?

I'll come out and meet you guys if you want, I am free on most weekends....The X won't be running any trails though, I need new tires soon, 6 years has had its toll on them....:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

c-case, I`m sure you can jump in another truck. At least speedfreak and I are okay with it.:D

I would like to suggest a date of Oct 19 for this. If need be, we could do the 20th.

I`m going to try posting on bc4x4 again, with. hopefully I will get a better response.

Sounds like a plan. I'll make sure to take lots of digital pics for our Explorer friends here if I come for a ride along. I hope BC4X4 doesn't trash you again, maybe someone else will come along....:)

I might be interested but I'm stock so nothing too harsh. I've only had my X for four months and haven't done any 4 wheeling.

Carson :ca:

I guess it depends on how much extra room we have as far as jumping in with someone. I imagine it won`t all be hard for stock trucks but we`ll make sure no one has to get left behind,

-I found one Ex owner from the other board that is interested so far, If he gets some repairs done first. But at least the thread hasn`t gotten deleted yet.:D

-Oh and I guess I already heard from you here anyway! Oh well, might be a small group anyway. I`ll just talk to ya on this board I guess.

Originally posted by ld50

-I found one Ex owner from the other board that is interested so far, If he gets some repairs done first. But at least the thread hasn`t gotten deleted yet.:D

Yup, that's me. If I've got my X back together. I'm working on relocating my coils, shocks, installing front locker, doing a highsteer set up with new TRE's and tierod. Should be done by then...

Cheers
Dale

Yup, that's me. If I've got my X back together. I'm working on relocating my coils, shocks, installing front locker, doing a highsteer set up with new TRE's and tierod. Should be done by then...

HE HE, was JUST looking at pics of the tree damage you got from Walker Valley - ouch!

I just picked up a nice piece that will make the trip alot nicer. A Zexel Torsen T-2 rear locker. I will be swapping out the factory locker for this unit on the long weekend. It will be a great test on the the trip. Are there any thoughts as to where we may go yet?

Speedfreak good luck on the locker.

I guess we don`t have a definite destination yet, but I would like to go somewhere I haven`t been before. I`m hoping someone who really knows alot of good spots will come forward and volunteer to lead the way. Otherwise, We could head to some of the Stave trails, and watch the mud trucks for some fun, or explore the east side of Stave, which I haven`t been to in years, apparently it is more fun on the East side.
I don`t mind going out towards the Chilliwak/Harrison area as well if YOU know some good spots there.

I've bein to the Harrison area but mainly for camping. I have never bein to the east side of Stave though, that could be interesting.

Sunday?

Hi guys,

Well, been looking at the roster of guys who will come, and the only people that seem to be "For Sure" are:

-ld50
-speedfreak
-crankcase

Maybe?

-carsonm

I have a guy with a modded truck on the bc4x4 site who wanted to come only if it was on sunday the 20th.

I emailed him and said if he was in for sure, that we could make it sunday. IS THAT GUNNA BE OKAY WITH YA?
If I don`t hear from him or he says no, then I would still like saturday better, I just want to have the date specified so everyone`s not screwing up the whole weekend waiting for me to make the call.

tiessen & Paul Gagnon have posted to say they won`t be able to make it.

I`m trying to find info about east Stave or?

If it's the Sunday I may be able to get a friend of mine to come. Not an Explorer but not that big a deal.

SUNDAY, OCT 20th

probably meet up out towards Maple ridge or what ever we decide fairly early okay? like 9 or 10 a.m. earlier the better, so let me know what works for you! I am willing to be there by 9 at the earliest.

That is the date we will go Okay? If it doesn`t work cuz ya have to go to church or something don`t be a pussy and bring God along with ya! It might be good to get him out of that stuffy church for a while!

Think I got another guy to come anyway, so that make it at least three modded trucks (and crankcase:D )

No problems about non Explorer guys coming too, this isn`t an ex only thing by any means, I am going to see if my couzin wants to come too.

Looks like I won't be able to make it. To bad I would have loved to check out your modded X's. Next time for sure, unless our travel plans fall through.

Carsonm

Sunday is OK for me. I might bring along my buddy if he gets his 33's for his Heep YJ by then.....

hey it`s off-topic, but check this out, especially if you are a Surrey resident. I tried to find a site like that, that would show some wheeling areas, It`s freakin awesome!

eye in the sky

click on zoom and start clickin on the map, find your house or a buddies!

imagine zooming in on your favorite wheeling area to see how far trails go, etc. Wow.

Ha Ha!

Check this out. I asked my couzin to come wheeling with us. He`s got a Jeep Cherokee with 2"susp lift on 31s with l/s rear. He says, "sure you going to pick me up?"
So I asked if he broke his truck again and he`s saying He doesn`t want to go out cuz I "crawl through anything with that locker, man, I`d rather ride with ya, more fun"

Well I said we might have some stock Explorers too so we wouldn`t have ANYONE as limited as he is! We exchanged some family type pleasantries at that point and he said he`s going to try and come out then, on sunday.

It was a bit of a goal of mine to make sure HE would never get through anything that I couldn`t, but I didn`t know he would start wimping out on me, yeesh!

Time and place for meeting

The corner of HWY 7 (Lougheed) and Sylvester road, at the Husky station, 09:00 am Sunday, the 20th of Oct.
If you have a cb I`ll be on ch.10 (cuz everyone uses 4)
I`m bringing a lunch, etc. Will have my fave wheeling buddy, my 5 yr old son Riley along, he`s very excited.

Got a couple tips on the area, but will mainly be an exploratory trip.

So who have you rounded up from the other board Jim?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wouldn`t call it a round up, looks like only one other person has said he can make it. (from other board)

not the collection of exes I envisioned but oh well:D

Back