[photo diary] My 1994 explorer | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

[photo diary] My 1994 explorer

Well i got home today and i didnt get the tires unloaded until an hour ago... I have 5 1st gen rims not counting the spare tire.. so i took a bare rim and it lined up on one of the new tires... Its going to be pretty easy to mount these tires... I think i want to go ahead and do it now before i get it inspected because the fronts are mismatched and one is bald post #297 at the bottom shows how bad one is so im just going to mount them myself.. oh and if anyone's wondering i got those tires for free :D i just gotta clean the tires up real good first. stay tuned :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Agh well this sucks The tires are studded that and they are kinda skinny so i decided not to mount them, and im glad i didnt because apparently its illegal to use them here in nc so i put them on cr to sell im askin 60 bucks for the pair

Well a few days ago i noticed a Lot of play in the front wheels, so i took them off along with everything down to the hub and bearings... It was metal to metal. So i need new bearings on the front and it also needs radius arm bushings.... wonderful :p

bit of an update, I re packed the wheel bearings with fresh grease, got rid of all the play in the front wheels, i also added some LUCAS transmission stop slip, Made it shift smoother and it slips less than it did.. my brother and i took it out yesterday, heres some pics:

425120_3245533335744_1189221128_33440614_774071401_n.jpg

Precision doughnuts:p

428035_3244800837432_1189221128_33440144_1433395290_n.jpg

well i bought a remote start off of a friend, and had it installed. it works great! also the truck is ready to be inspected i just have to take it in

took my explorer to get inspected today,... it failed only because the exhaust isnt supposed to dump under it.. so i have to take it to the muffler shop :/ but it passed everything else!

took my explorer to get inspected today,... it failed only because the exhaust isnt supposed to dump under it.. so i have to take it to the muffler shop :/ but it passed everything else!
NC will fail for that?:thumbdwn: I didn't even know that, and I live here:D

I just got a disc brake rear axle off of a 96 for mine:) Got the axles out and everything and it looks like I'm just gonna replace seals and brakes.

NC will fail for that?:thumbdwn: I didn't even know that, and I live here:D

I just got a disc brake rear axle off of a 96 for mine:) Got the axles out and everything and it looks like I'm just gonna replace seals and brakes.

niceeee! and yeah it sucks, its going to cost me 65 bucks to have a tailpipe put on..

niceeee! and yeah it sucks, its going to cost me 65 bucks to have a tailpipe put on..
Boo that. I wanna get some exhaust put on mine. A guy I know had a flowmaster put on his and it sounds pretty good. Currently finishing my rattle can flat black paint job as well. I kinda wanna drop it a couple of inches too.

Boo that. I wanna get some exhaust put on mine. A guy I know had a flowmaster put on his and it sounds pretty good. Currently finishing my rattle can flat black paint job as well. I kinda wanna drop it a couple of inches too.

If you live in the raleigh/wake forest area I install mufflers (welded) for 35 dollars...

thats where i went to get the tranny for my 94

thats where i went to get the tranny for my 94
If you could call a junkyard nice, that would be it. I don't feel like I'll get tetanus walking around there. Everything is nicely spaced and on blocks. I was gonna get my rear axle from there, but I found another place that would pull it for me and I got it for $200.

Shoot I thought that yard was nice (pull a part). Compared to the one in Nashville, the W-S one has a WAY better selection.

I went to the Nashville version about 2 weeks ago, and was disappointed compared to when I was last there 4 years ago. I have a far better selection in my town vs the hour trip and gas I wasted going there.

I knew about the fail for a dumped exhaust, which is why I dumped mine after I had orders to leave NC. I lived in Cumberland County which is just as strict as Wake County. I live in TN now and no inspections for safety or emissions, only in counties that surround metro Nashville.... I'm just far enough away :D.

the tranny went again in my ex, and left me stranded. i have no choice but to sell my Explorer , if anyone's interested for 700$ and everything explorer related goes with it.

I Would be interested but i don't have a way to come and get it and tow it home , good luck with the sale , put it on craigslist for 1000 obo , if it only needs a trans and you have those bumpers and what not , somebody like me will buy it and put a trans in and wheel it or re sale , man i wish i had a truck and trailer

thanks man but 700 is the most ill get out of it here in NC, There is a ford galaxy i want to buy if i can get rid of it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back