My 1992 2 door jeep killer build | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 1992 2 door jeep killer build

front bolts on leaf springs not cooperating and bolt just seized up. Gonna have to cut bolt out. Not looking forward to it.

20180908_192706.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sunday morning trip to pic a part and take complete rear axle from this 2000 ex.

Got axle pulled and gears and locker are installed. Did pick up parts to convert brake lines and emergency brake over to tie into 92.

20180909_092036.jpg

Getting glass fitted and figuring out what needs to go

20180913_173356.jpg

Wow this is a great build nice job

Very well done. Whats up with the front ball joints?
Did you consider running the 96-97 Ranger outers (knuckles) with dual caliper pistons instead of the 90-95 D35 slide pin calipers?

I have not looked at that option. This is the first ttb build I've ever done so I'm learning the whole time with the beams.

There will be another stop at the pick a part to locate those ranger parts.

No sweat I totally understand that! YOu picked a great place to start.
I ran the slide pin style brakes for many years, they work good. However the 96-97 Ranger used a slightly different knuckle, the caliper mounts with slide bolts and the calipers are dual piston, much better braking performance!
Finding the parts in the junk yard is the most difficult part

Thanks, I remember seeing quite a few at the junk yard here in vegas. Just need to find right years.

I have looked and looked for a manual xfer case with no luck.

Last night got the seats in and new quick disconnect wheel. Mainly as part of the anti theft option since these are so easy to get in.

20180914_193725.jpg

20180914_193733.jpg

manual transfer case I have several!!
You can find one! Its the shifter bits that are really hard to find these days...but they are out there. Check your local CL?

Little test run today. Small flex picture.

Need to get rear shocks and mounts. Shocks are limiting deaver travel by about 50%

IMG951944.jpg

IMG951945.jpg

Started getting fiberglass mounted and setting up for rear shock mounts.

20180921_171416.jpg

Looking good ! I would be tempted to use clear RTV and some broadhead "Marson" rivets for the QP install in case it needed changed quickly.
Marson | Rivets
Keep it up ! You're moving along quickly !
:burnout:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Will.be mounted with Zeus fasteners. Screws were for mock up and giving hole locations.

Will post close up when on.

Back