• Register Today It's free!

Remote start

Dan17ExpLtd

Reaction score
City, State
Millersville, Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Limited
Where is the antenna for that on the vehicle? Is it in the sharkfin on the back?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks. What kind of real world range do we usually get?

My 2017 Fusion Sport uses the same 902 MHz remote start fob, and the range is pitiful. With clear line of sight from an elevated position, I could go as far as 240 feet on a good day without interference. On street level, maybe half that with other vehicles in a parking lot etc...

At work, we had a steam boiler system that was broadcasting telemetry (pressure/temp/data) remotely at 904 MHz but at a power level 30,000 times that of a key fob. I thought it was my 2017 Fusion at first until being the gearhead I am, I decided to ask anyone and everyone with a newer Ford at the time. They all told me that they thought their cars/trucks were bad and the dealers didn't know what was going on. I did some investigating and found the source of the broadcast and asked the contractor to adjust the frequency to something else. It was a rough several months where it could take maybe 30 seconds to get into my own vehicle even trying to grab the door handle until this was resolved.

Back