Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Rust to Riches, Blue's 98 Ranger

Discussion in 'Ranger / Mazda Registry' started by Blue91Ex, January 26, 2015.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Blue91Ex

Blue91Ex Active Member

City, State:
      Maine
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      91 XLT
      I finally sold it.. for a grand total of 250$... live and learn from mistakes i suppose.
      [​IMG]

I am running the new truck from my last post now also.
      [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Blue91Ex

Blue91Ex Active Member

City, State:
      Maine
      91 XLT
    4. mr cribb

mr cribb US Army Retired Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Harviell, MO
      94 Z71,
      Sad to see all that hard work go for little money.

I stumble on 1st gen Explorers every now and then. The last one I saw was a 5 speed, but I think it needed a clutch or head gasket, maybe both. It was about $500 I think, and it would be very minimal if any rust being for sale here in Oklahoma.

5. Blue91Ex

Blue91Ex Active Member

City, State:
      Maine
      91 XLT
      I try to keep an eye out for cheap 1st gens with the m5od around here. if i find one for around 300 that i can actually test drive/make sure it works, ill buy it, i dont even care if its rusted out (though i do need a rear hatch) i just want a transmission.. and it was sort of sad to see the range go, but the buyer has been finishing it up so at least someone will get to use it. i dont have any use for it now anyway.

explorer isnt getting sold, its just waiting until i can find the right parts donor. still plan to lift it and use it for wheeling, and if i can find the free time at school, ill machine out some coil spacers for it.

also debating steel wheel spacers for the rear axle of the f250.. im not sure how i like the idea of spacers on such a heavy truck, but id REALLy like to get that back tire out enough so its almost flush with the rear fenders, i think this U-body may have been meant to use dually or single rear wheels so its wider than most single wheel bodys but narrower than most dually bodies..

• Like Like x 1