Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN | Page 33 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

Lets see 'em

12287Calico_1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Hey guys, havent posted here in awhile so i figures now that i got my truck almost all done i would show it off.

20121011_153601.jpg

These are a few i took next to a mounty that the ford asset program uses at my school.
20121005_164018.jpg

20121005_164007.jpg

20121005_163942.jpg

Very nice lookin' Mounty Merk. I especially like the IH license plate :D And hopefully you can get that jeep thing cleared up. Don't they have pills for that?

Hey Merck, love that front bumper bar. That custom made? I'm looking for something similar for my Ex.

thanks guy i appreciate the compliments on my rig. i got the bull bar off ebay, its just a cheapy but it looks good.

lol idk thats what i searched on ebay and that popped up.

that smoked out tail was a nice choice. Truck looks super clean

I got that damn Jeep 'thing' too. Now I have a CJ -7 parked next to my Ex in the driveway. lol

One of the best bumpers out there.

Where did you pick that front bumper up at Tom?

Hey Everyone! Lovin these Explorers.
I myself dont exactly have one but Im looking into buying the first one soon. I'm more of a Chevy guy But I love Explorers, The look with a lift and beefy tires. Purty. Hahah, But I wanna know if I should go for it or not? Its a 97, 4dr, 4x4, v6, Power everything and AC works great, Body/interior in great condition. Dark blue Exterior and gray cloth interior. Anyways its got 180xxx miles and needs a battery (I can get one for 50$ Off a guy I know) And the guy is only asking $1000. Should I go for it? Or what.. I dont have to much to spend on a car seeing as I only got 900 from my previous car (99 VW Passat) She wasnt running when I sold it. But I got around 1200 now (Two weeks later) So with the fact that I feel this is a good deal and that I want an Ex. Im thinking yes.. Let me know what you guys think.. And if anyone could tell me a link to get the Body lift, Or how to do a sloped body and SOA? But what else would I need to bring up the front some more other than a TT And the body? I was thinking Spacers?. Or if anyone even knows some cool small mods to do. Id also like Crager soft 8s but Idk where to find them. Im only looking to clear 33s on it if I end up getting it. Im hoping to pick it up next week. But yea, Links please? And if anyone has pics of the 2nd Gen on 33s with maybe 18s? Id love to see that look. Thanks.

Hey Everyone! Lovin these Explorers.
I myself dont exactly have one but Im looking into buying the first one soon. I'm more of a Chevy guy But I love Explorers, The look with a lift and beefy tires. Purty. Hahah, But I wanna know if I should go for it or not? Its a 97, 4dr, 4x4, v6, Power everything and AC works great, Body/interior in great condition. Dark blue Exterior and gray cloth interior. Anyways its got 180xxx miles and needs a battery (I can get one for 50$ Off a guy I know) And the guy is only asking $1000. Should I go for it? Or what.. I dont have to much to spend on a car seeing as I only got 900 from my previous car (99 VW Passat) She wasnt running when I sold it. But I got around 1200 now (Two weeks later) So with the fact that I feel this is a good deal and that I want an Ex. Im thinking yes.. Let me know what you guys think.. And if anyone could tell me a link to get the Body lift, Or how to do a sloped body and SOA? But what else would I need to bring up the front some more other than a TT And the body? I was thinking Spacers?. Or if anyone even knows some cool small mods to do. Id also like Crager soft 8s but Idk where to find them. Im only looking to clear 33s on it if I end up getting it. Im hoping to pick it up next week. But yea, Links please? And if anyone has pics of the 2nd Gen on 33s with maybe 18s? Id love to see that look. Thanks.

I will say that's a good price. Just make sure there's no major leaks. Depends on the motor too. If it's a ohv then check the valve covers, timing cover, water pump, rear main, I'd throw a new fuel pump in just to be safe. As far as your lift questions check out this sub forum.

I've got 33s on my 2000 Eddie Bauer 5.0 and I did it with nothing but a torsion twist, rear shackles, body lift and some plastic trimming. I'm running on 15 inch wheels though. I'm old school. I think lifted trucks should have big, fat, chunky rubber, not blingy gigantic rims. As to Cragar Soft 8s, you can pretty much find them anywhere you look. Check ebay, Summit, Quadratec etc. They're easy to find. Probably even some for sale in the classified section here.
Anyway, I say go for it, but then again you're not gonna find too many guys on an Explorer forum who will tell you otherwise...especially to a Chevy guy.
Good luck, you've definitely come to the right place for advice.
myex1.jpg

Update on mine. Now with an aussie locked dana 30, 4.10's, soa rear, 33's for now, custom made rack to fit the Explorer roof perfectly, home made bumper with reciever for the winch, off road lights. CANNOT wait to get it back in the woods!

You just had to post the pics of your truck right after the pic of my truck! Yours makes mine look like a Suzuki Samurai. Nice truck. I guess everything is bigger in Texas. What size tires are you planning on putting?

I like you'res too, hell I don't think i've seen one I didn't like! Going to get some 35's first and see how I like em. If I go bigger than that I know I'll have to re-gear again, and I need to rebuild some bank roll.

I know what you mean about rebuilding the bank roll, especially at this time of year. I keep trying to remember that Christmas is a time for giving...but that's really hard to do when you're looking at all the gorgeous trucks on this thread.

Back