The Sherrod Bronco II Convertible!!!??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Sherrod Bronco II Convertible!!!???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sherrod did make I think 200 convert BII's for Ford
There are 4-5 of them on the intrawebz over the years

Get this a few years ago I went to buy some explorer body parts for my 96 project, here in town> I ended up with some doors from a 97 sport, they were brand new, 0 miles. The guy had them on the side of his house, you see he used to work for Supertop. Ford had commissioned Supertop to make a Explorer sport convertible! They used a brand spakin new 97 sport (purple) it was put into production and the project was scrapped :)

o cool. I wonder if someone makes a aftermarket kit for these convertible conversions. I'd buy one in a heart beat. I can't believe Ford would scrap the convertible concept of the explorer.

o cool. I wonder if someone makes a aftermarket kit for these convertible conversions. I'd buy one in a heart beat. I can't believe Ford would scrap the convertible concept of the explorer.

No kits, you need to build your own.

1562737047_97b272a3a0.jpg

Real Broncos have tailgates :)

man that is a cool lookin deal and i agre they should have kept this just like they scraped the removeable side windows:rolleyes: how cool would that have been huh?

I can remove my side windows :)
they bolt in 86+

my plan is to have a top, but no glass during summer and no doors or tailgate... then in winter glass or soft windows... we shall see, I am taking all the doors and the glass out very soon MUAHAHAHAHAHA

I can remove my side windows :)
they bolt in 86+

my plan is to have a top, but no glass during summer and no doors or tailgate... then in winter glass or soft windows... we shall see, I am taking all the doors and the glass out very soon MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Ya, ya, ya, you've saying that for a year. Can't wait to see that mod done.

hello!......... married, pregnant and then baby ......heck I am lucky I crammed it all into a year!

The BII has been sitting in the back yard for 2 months... TONIGHT it goes into the garage FINALLY!! was supossed to go in 3 days ago but the battery is dead and I couldnt find the stupid charger for my jumper box, no way I am driving another truck to the back yard and kill more grass!! LOL

Oh well we had a baby, then he had a heart condition, then while we were at the hospital our open bedroom window flooded our house, so I am FINALLY done with the house re-model and garage clean up...... we have a Rzr now and I NEED the BII to keep up on the trails!! notice it is now NEED... drool drool I am going through BII driving withdrawls!! of course looking at your truck project doesnt help... geesh mr I got so bored I built a trailer :p

wedding.jpg

bwf081809.jpg

garage081809.jpg

Back