1. for access to Ford Explorer and Ranger owner generated reviews and discussion, tech tips, how to articles, off-road modifications, events, and more! Since 1996 we have been the #1 Ford Explorer resource on the Internet. We also cover the Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer, Lincoln Navigator, Mazda Navajo, Mazda Pickups, and the Aerostar.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Thinking of picking up a Ford Sport Trac Adrenalin 4.6L V8 AWD Question on the AWD

Discussion in '2007 - 2010 Explorer Sport Trac' started by jrford, February 20, 2012.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. jrford

jrford Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Birmingham, MI
      Year and Model:
      '10 Sport Trac
      Just to confirm. . .
      I’ve be an Ex owner for 8 years now, with the V8 AWD package. Been thinking of picking up an 2010 ST Adrenalin. After searching and reading is it true that the AWD Adrenalin is nothing more than a CommandTrac (4wd) minus the switches? Mainly it will be a tow vehicle, but if its not true AWD then . . .changes things. So its not the same as my BW4410, but a BW4411

Has anyone tried to install a BorgWarner 4410 (true AWD, no switches, center Diff and Viscous clutch) in any ‘08+STs?

My question came after I read this: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=342202

Thanks

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. 06bluez

06bluez Active Member

City, State:
      St Charles MO
      Year and Model:
      '10 Sport Trac Adrenalin
      i wondered the same thing about swapping in a 4410, but i like the option to lock in 4hi, even though cant use 4low. Its still on my list of things to do to get 4low working on my adrenalin ...

So to answer your question yes im sure its possible but would imagine there will be issues with traction control, etc.

4. jrford

jrford Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Birmingham, MI
      Year and Model:
      '10 Sport Trac
      This is what i could find part wise:
      Explorer, Mountaineer, 1 Speed Transfer Case, 5 Speed, From 1/30/06
      Explorer, Mountaineer, 1 Speed Transfer Case, 6 Speed Auto, From 1/30/06
      Explorer, Mountaineer, 2 Speed Transfer Case, 5 Speed Auto, From 1/27/06
      Explorer Sport Trac, 4.0L, From 6/10/08 To 9/15/09
      Explorer Sport Trac, 4.0L, From 9/15/09
      Explorer Sport Trac, From 5/28/08

I'm guessing the 1speed is the 4410; 2 speeds 4411; interesting the sport trac has only one xfr case for the v8???? It would be cool to actually get the Part No. But it looks like the '08 Sport Trac V8 only got the 4411 (modified). . .confirms what everyone is saying. This helps, as i can look for any V8 dosn't matter . . .