trailers lets see them!!!! | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

trailers lets see them!!!!

i do a ton of camping, 4-5 trips a year. I am so sick and tired of putting up and taking down the tent that i am going to build a teardrop trailer. What do you guys think? I will probably need a trailer with at least a 1,500lbs capacity to start.

These photos are not mine, but this build up will give you the basic idea
The Truck with a Heart

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2010 5'x10' Sure-Trac Solid Side. LED lighting. Herculined the inner walls, inner fender wells, 2" of the front, 2" of each outer fender bottom, and a rectangle on the fender tops (as a protected step). You can kind of see the outer fender and top fender stuff in the photograph. The bottoms of the fenders (and inner fenders) were done to prevent rust, which happened on my old Brimar 5'x8'. Added aluminum rims and radial tires. Also added Fastrap tiedowns bolted to the bed (note the straps on the rear wheels).

Attachments

• DSC0099.jpg
    DSC0099.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 2,209

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

This is the reason for picking up the Ex. The Ranger had 305000 miles on it's 2.3L. So thought it was time to upgrade.
Kanapolis05.jpg

We built this from an old Starcraft pop-up. It is about 10' long by 6'-5'. Has a queen size bed and AC. What else would you need?

Just finishing up retro fitting aluminum on the front, top and back. Hope to be ready to go by Memorial.

Oh about 1500 lbs dry.

Here is a link to the photo album on the teardrop and tiny travel trailer forum.
http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/album_personal.php?user_id=3257
Shows some of the build.
Mine is a tiny travel trailer BTW.

Jack

Boats & Stuff

Brought the fishing boat back from St.Germain for some wiring repair work.

Does this count, two fords one boat and one boat trailer.

DSC00069-vi.jpg

i have a suspicion that truck can tow a little more than an explorer.

7.3 powerstroker with 4x4. I could move the world with this bad boy. :D

Thanks!! It looks even better in person!

ill post up picks of my flatbed tomorrow. how ironic that i hooked up to it when i got home then found this thread

ill post up picks of my flatbed tomorrow. how ironic that i hooked up to it when i got home then found this thread

Nah i'll tell you whats ironic, i started this thread in hopes of finding a good camping trailer like a teardrop for my explorer and then ended up selling it and busting my way out of the camping world!! (for now at least):p:

Nah i'll tell you whats ironic, i started this thread in hopes of finding a good camping trailer like a teardrop for my explorer and then ended up selling it and busting my way out of the camping world!! (for now at least):p:

ok that is a little better than mine haha

ok that is a little better than mine haha

Yea.. You just had great timing :) Sort of like us.. We bought our X and then found this site. We haven't been the same since.

~Mark

Yea.. You just had great timing :) Sort of like us.. We bought our X and then found this site. We haven't been the same since.

~Mark

same here i got my ex then found this site trying to find solutions on how to fix stuff on it

Its just because the Ford Explorer is %%%%ing awesome!!!:p: That is why we are all here. Just some of us can't afford to keep our explorers and get forced into tiny itsybitsy cars that can't go anywhere or do anything!!:thumbdwn:

0727101150.jpg

heres my flatbed all loaded up

That military trailer is cool. It should work great to carry extra gear off-roading.

5X14 utility trailer with two utility quads.
Ranger 4X4 with 4.0, Eaton Posi, heavy duty trans cooler.

Back