trailers lets see them!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

trailers lets see them!!!!

i do a ton of camping, 4-5 trips a year. I am so sick and tired of putting up and taking down the tent that i am going to build a teardrop trailer. What do you guys think? I will probably need a trailer with at least a 1,500lbs capacity to start.

These photos are not mine, but this build up will give you the basic idea
The Truck with a Heart

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've got an ~2000 lb. Shadow Cruiser, 16 footer. It's nice because it can sleep 5 easily (even 6 with 2 kids on the full bunk), and it's still real small, easy to tow with my Ex or van, and we still feel like we're camping, since you have to spend most of your time outside.

what> only one person here owns a trailer?
I want to see what you got, camping, popups, cargo, utility, boat, any kind of trailer!!!
compact-camping-concepts-explorer-box-tent-topped-camping-trailer.jpg

Here is mine:
DSCN0002.JPG

Bunks for the kids:
DSCN0006.JPG

Queen bed and full bunk:
DSCN0005.JPG

All in 16 feet!

Here's my 33 foot toy hauler. As you can see, this is before I put air bags on the Super Duty. Oh and in the second pic, you can see the explorer.
Trailer-2.jpg

HPIM0948.jpg

Here ya go Stico's monster before being JP'd looks real good behind our trailer! :p:
piggyback1.jpg

,,,i don't have a trailer but i am a fan of the tear drops...huell howser did a great show on them...also, the second one you posted, they sell those in the o.c....;)

Trailer we tow our '66 Mustang on.

Attachments

• P5270141.JPG
    P5270141.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 7,587

here's our lifted trailer before I put bigger tires on it..

I was looking at putting a camper into it.. but I since gave up on that.. The X is close to the point that I don't want to drive it to the trails.. I'd rather tow it (in case I break something).. I'm working on a new to me tow rig that I can sleep in.

lifted-trailer.jpg

~Mark

Sorry no pics but I have a 1999 starcraft 19ft expandable travel trailer. Towed w/98 X 5.0 AWD. I go out 4 or 5 times a year also. My buddy buily a teardrop for his in-laws, its lightweight, & perfect for 2 people. I think they tow it w/a saturn wagon!!! Happy camping!!!

Like i said before i am thinking about building a teardrop trailer. Of course i have requested info on the T@b http://www.tab-rv.com/ it isn't tall enough for me to stand up inside, i am 6'1". But it beats sleeping in a tent or the back of the Ex.
I will probably go with the T@B and not the T@DA because the larger one with cargo in it would be over my Class II hitch capacity.

THIS THE T@B (this is the one that i want)
T@B.jpg

THIS IS THE T@BA WHICH IS TO BIG
17685.jpg

This is the style we had for a little while. . It was heavy (almost 2k lbs)..

We only had it for a little while.. Yolanda is too clausterphobic to be in a small trailer..

for two people it was fine.. for 3 two people better be cozy..

rr54.jpg

One thing I didn't like is that the axle used bushings instead of bearings.. pain in the rear to keep working..

~Mark

^^^^^^Wow, i like the color.^^^^^^
If i buy a T@B i am painting it, their color choices are sort of out there:crazy: I was thinking a monotone grey or mild green, kind of like yours.
Is it two toned, or is that just the lighting?

^^^^^^Wow, i like the color.^^^^^^
If i buy a T@B i am painting it, their color choices are sort of out there:crazy: I was thinking a monotone grey or mild green, kind of like yours.
Is it two toned, or is that just the lighting?

thats the style of ours.. but not ours.. ours was white with a red stripe.. and it was free :) (it was my moms.. they upgraded to some big airstream)

~Mark

thats the style of ours.. but not ours.. ours was white with a red stripe.. and it was free :) (it was my moms.. they upgraded to some big airstream)

~Mark

You have a T@B thats red and white?
got pics?

I've been trying to find them since I saw this thread.. I have no idea what I did with them (I know they were digital, thats about all I can remember).. I looked on my web server, and my gallery, and my flickr account and I don't see any pics of it..

Actually.. I might be able to get a pic of what it looks like now.. I gave it to a friend that would put it to good use. I'll email him and ask him for a pic or two..

~Mark

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've been trying to find them since I saw this thread.. I have no idea what I did with them (I know they were digital, thats about all I can remember).. I looked on my web server, and my gallery, and my flickr account and I don't see any pics of it..

Actually.. I might be able to get a pic of what it looks like now.. I gave it to a friend that would put it to good use. I'll email him and ask him for a pic or two..

~Mark

OH, man i was asking because i would have considered buying it from you, for a reasonable price of course. oh well, i am still waiting for the info from T@B. I just noticed that i was wrong and the T@B weight is basically the same as the T@DA. So i figured depending on prices i may go with a T@DA instead because it has a shower, and toilet:D nice to have when the one at the camp ground is dirty or sucks:D

Back