TROLL @ the track 3/13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TROLL @ the track 3/13

Troll

Reaction score
Hey all a friend of Troll's here,

He's at the track as I am typing this and just ran...

11.8 @ 117 Mph w/o NOS.

I believe they have a vid camera w/ them so that should be on the web pretty soon. I think he's going to run the next pass w/ NOS will post the time when he calls.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oh man! thats amazing! i cant wait to see what he runs w/ nitrous :)

Holy crap. :eek: :eek: :eek:

an explorer running high 11's!!!:chug:

Ok, after that pass it seems he got in some trouble. They made him take the NOS bottle out of the truck and told him he couldn't go that fast again.

So he did a couple passes sandbagging it going mid 12's, but on the fourth run went an 11.6 @ 89 Mph hitting the brakes and was kicked out of the track.

Guess he now needs to make his truck legal for 11 seconds, heh.

OK,
Put the Stang back and run the X... j/k

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Hella Yah..... Good yob... I wanna see tha NOS time's..

[EDIT]
OK, seen that TROLL and I hit the Post Reply button at the same time...... That suck's ( that they made him take out the NOS) but still a hella run....

Time for a roll cage...

I definately wouldn't feel safe going 11's in my truck without a cage. Damn! Congrats though!

omg! thats absolutely amazing :D

I Am the video Guy, I have all 4 Runs..

All were with no NOS, as the tech guy was on us about running the 11.8 with no roll cage, this was the first run off the trailer..

Every time the 1/8 mile got better even though he was on the brakes the other half.

We wanted to run NOS on the last run, but the tech guy stoped us. the truck still ran a 11.65 @ 85, he hit those brembos HARD.. The video is like 7 megs and 2 minutes long..

it was an awsome night, and troll's truck is BAD ASP..

With NOS it might do a 10!!
I'll have the video in a sec..

Here is the video Link, all you need is real player for it to work..

it is 7 megs

Http://www.staffusa.com/Weather/TrollTrack.rm

O please... Thats nothin'. I ran a 16.4. Get yourself a real truck. :D

Nice runs man... cant wait to see NOS times!! :bounce:

congratulations! seriously, that's just.. astounding. You've put alot of time and effort into that X (along with some serious $, heh) and it paid off nicely. Everyone I've told about this so far has been completely dumfounded, mostly hardcore street racers too. Very nice job Troll, I'm always interesting in checking out the progress of this crazy explorer. Great job on the videos as well, and the editing.

From my begining on the board people did not believe me that I had an explorer that made 500 hp and went 11 's. I first proved the power with my dyno runs. Now I have just proved that an 11 is possible with a 4600 truck. For all the people who said it was imposible "HAHAHAHA" and for all the people that believed in me "THANKS". All I have to say is now is the time for 10's.

I like the video! it was good quality and the narrator was pretty funny. near the end it was somewhat dark. overall good job troll

what did it run stock?
I love your truck its awesome. It has to be one of the coolest sleepers.

Yea he got kicked for running 11's twice. But he will put a roll cage in this thing..
I am sorry for the quality of the video, but it is the 1st time filming at night. (The 1st run I had the gain just right..)
Anyway I have a new video at the same address as above, I edited it better than I did last night at 1:00am, nicer cuts, more scenes, all the burnouts, nicer looking, and about 4 minutes total. I have two versions of it now one for DSL/Cable (9 megs) and one for 56k. The 56k version looks not soo good, but, it is small.

If you want the uncompressed version, it looks AWSOME, and it is like 1.3 gigs for 4 minutes.
If he can ever get to the track durring the day I will get a Professional video of it, with my good digital camera.

But the New video is the same address on my work server
http://www.staffusa.com/Weather/TrollTrack.rm

I am compressing the low bandwith one now.

Yea Trolls truck is awsome, I have been for a ride in that thing on street tires, it still goes ok, but..
I cant wait till he goes 10's !!!

That video is absolutely amazing! Can't wait for times w/ NOS. Won't the cage add more weight, thus decreasing times? Oh well, it's worth it!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You could probably take out the back seat and the passengers seat and that will bring you down close to the weight you were at before the cage. That is, if you didnt already take them out.

Back