TROLL @ the track 3/13 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TROLL @ the track 3/13

No those runs were made in full street trim, the truck has AC, Power windows, Locks, Black seat, passanger seat, it still had everything, No weight reduction.

If that truck went on a weight diet.. it would be sick. But then it wouldent be a daily driver

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Holy $%&#!

Holy $*#%!!!:eek: That's all I can say! HOLEE $%#&! Go get that roll cage put in before something bad happens!

You are an inspiration to us all, Troll!

:bounce:

Very Cool!!! My roomate and I are still shocked...We didn't think X's could go that fast! Way to go man, keep it up!

you gotta love the nay sayer in that video.You know that dude who said " hey aint that your homeboy?! gimmie a time on that thang" and my favorite " he aint got no 11 heheh..." i would have loved to see his face during that first run lol

Hey Troll,
Sick truck brother! Nice runs

Troll:
Hows the roll cage coming? We wanna see you beat that time!

That is awsome! I can't believe how hard that thing hooks up.

Kinda reminds me of the day my friend's car first went into the 11's. He gota warning too but we were happy with the performance of the car and we were tired so we said screw it and he went as fast as he could.

Just wanted to say congrads on that, i cant believe the amount of power your pumpin from that thing. I'm not sure how you ran an 11.6 @ 89. 11.6 has to be around 120 so you must have been much higher than that the slow down that much and still get that time?? Anyway just to put these runs in perspective an 11.8 beats some pretty notable cars. Like all stock corvettes except the CR-5 which is a racing vette which isnt really production (10.3@136), you beat stock viper GTS and GTS-R by about 0.7 sec, and there isnt a stock Ferrari that runs in the 11s most all are high 12s to low 13s. You just edge a Lamborghini Diablo 6.0 by 0.2. The only porsche that can beat you is the GT1 LeMans although the GT2 (believe not street legal in US) and the Ruf RTurbo (pretty well tuned car) are behind you by .1. thats enough on that stuff, and yeah these guys would lap you on the track but it's an explorer! I am still amazed that you can really run that, its awesome and those cars do use turbo chargers and superchargers (no NOS) but they also do some serious weight reduction which I heard you havent done any pretty much. Speed on
Gary

The reason it went 85 mph was because at 3/4 track I slamed on the breaks because I hoped not to get in troble if I showed the official I was breaking. I got in trouble anyway so I should have gone a ten to piss them off. The only weight reduction is no spair tire. 4670 lbs. with me in the car. I wanted it to be as close to full weight as possible because it still is a daily driver with AC, stereo, and subwolfer. You guys will never understand how fun it actually is.
The other day I pulled up to a light and tomy left there was a 5.9 Grand Cherokee and to my right there was an Mercedies ML 55. I looked at them and smiled. the light turned green and I left them in a clould of smoke. To their deffence the ML was only 20 trucks behind when I let off. Trust me they were trying too!

god good!!! thats gotta be illegal!!!

WTG guy! That is totaly awesome! I bet its hilarious smoking people in that rig!

Cya!
Dave P.

Good Job!

Troll, I was one of those that was leery of your claim in the beginning. I didn't bash on you, but did want to see the Dyno sheet.

Your truck is great, it goes against the norms. Theres also a 12 second Dodge Caravan out there somewhere that I saw on the net. And a Diesel Excursion doing 14's.

You have truly done a great job. I remember all the work my LS1 friends would do to get in the 11's. 10's were very rare. And now to see you turning 11's and able to reach 10s with ease.

Awesome.

I cant get this thing to open!
I want to see this EX:bounce:

Rick,
Could you put it on your server, I have been able to view your clips?

Help a speed freak out;)

Speaking of the video, I'd love to see it. Realplayer won't install on my computer, so can someone convert it to .mpg or .mov?

wait, is this on a 1/4 mile track, or a 1/8 track?

1/4 mile, has to be. 10 seconds in the 1/8 is fairly slow for a beast like the Troll.

Originally posted by BigBill
I Am the video Guy, I have all 4 Runs..

Every time the 1/8 mile got better even though he was on the brakes the other half.

We wanted to run NOS on the last run, but the tech guy stoped us. the truck still ran a 11.65 @ 85, he hit those brembos HARD.. The video is like 7 megs and 2 minutes long..

it was an awsome night, and troll's truck is BAD ASP..

[/url]

i think it may be 1/8..... if he ran 11@85, and i run 14@101 somethings is wrong, plus he says its a 1/8, can anyone confirm?

Read the fine print....

It was the 1/4.

He stated in the earlier post that he was running hard fot the 1st 1/8th then hitting the brakes after that to keep from busting a 12.

Once you hit 11's in the 1/4 the tracks will kick you out if you don't meet safty guidlines. Cage, drive shaft loop stuff like that.

Nobody ever got booted for running 11's in the 1/8 only booed....

yea man, its 1/4. 700 hp at the motor and an 11 in the 1/8? maybe if he was towing a horse trailer fully loaded...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It went 7.20 in the 1/8 at 95 mph. It went 11.65 in the 1/4 at 85 mph.

Back