• Register Today It's free!

Tune functionality

haas_chris

Reaction score
City, State
Leesburg, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Limited AWD
I am looking into a tune for my 17' sport. I have a general question about tunes and getting different tunes with the system. How do you switch between different tunes you get? If I want to change from '93 performance tune to 93' economy tune, do I have to hook the tuner back up? Or am I supposed to leave the tuner hooked up in order to make changes? Can there be a toggle switch installed to swap back and forth? When you want to make a change can it be done on the fly or is it a "process"? One thought that I feel would be ideal would be to have the tune change when I am in sport mode. If I am in "D" the tune is automatically at economy, and if I shift into "S" now the performance tune is applied. Does this make sense? is this possible? Does this already exist and since I don't have a tune currently I just don't know about it?

That sounds like an awesome idea and very practical to have an economy tune in D and performance in S but not how it works. First would be to decided to pick what type of programmer you want or who you want to do your tune. The popular programmers are SCT X4, HPtune and of course livernois and the popular tuners are Unleashed tuning, SSI and Livernois.

There is a small process in changing it you can't do it on the fly but it is easy and quick. You can either leave it hooked up or not, the advantage to leaving it hooked up you can monitor different aspects of your engine ie,transmission temps. I have a SCT X4, I would have got the livernois if I lived in the states (way too expensive) but if I were to do it again I would do HPtune.

As for actual tunes, you have to research and figure out what you want and give your money to. I would see who is located closes to you and start there. Torrie from unleashed is amazing and wicked costumer service but SSI has a great reputation also, and the fastest recorded track time with an explorer.

That sounds like an awesome idea and very practical to have an economy tune in D and performance in S but not how it works. First would be to decided to pick what type of programmer you want or who you want to do your tune. The popular programmers are SCT X4, HPtune and of course livernois and the popular tuners are Unleashed tuning, SSI and Livernois.

There is a small process in changing it you can't do it on the fly but it is easy and quick. You can either leave it hooked up or not, the advantage to leaving it hooked up you can monitor different aspects of your engine ie,transmission temps. I have a SCT X4, I would have got the livernois if I lived in the states (way too expensive) but if I were to do it again I would do HPtune.

As for actual tunes, you have to research and figure out what you want and give your money to. I would see who is located closes to you and start there. Torrie from unleashed is amazing and wicked costumer service but SSI has a great reputation also, and the fastest recorded track time with an explorer.

Soup804 pretty much answered your question. Not a labor intensive process, and doesn't have to be hooked up all the time if you aren't data logging for tuning aspects. Do some research, and there are quite a few tuners for a 2017. You might want to update your section on the left with your Sport (congrats).

........ You might want to update your section on the left with your Sport (congrats).
The 2017 Sport is shown in the signature. The 2000 Explorer is still valid.

Peter

Back