Which Color?? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Which Color??

I went through color choice agony as well. I have driven a silver Moutaineer for almost 10 years, so that eliminated silver ingot for me, although my husband was pushing that color. I would have considered the gold but my husbands last 2 cars have been gold. We cancelled each other out on that! I really just love the white platinum and decided the money spent would be worth it, I'll drive this car for 10 years - I hope!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Black Mountaineer to Platinum Explorer

I went through color choice agony as well. I have driven a silver Moutaineer for almost 10 years, so that eliminated silver ingot for me, although my husband was pushing that color. I would have considered the gold but my husbands last 2 cars have been gold. We cancelled each other out on that! I really just love the white platinum and decided the money spent would be worth it, I'll drive this car for 10 years - I hope!

Red colors and Tuxedo Black will soon be constrained. A Ford paint supplier is having trouble getting the pigments from Japan. No reduction in scheduled production, but these colors could be delayed.

Color I ordered...

I ordered the Kona Blue with Medium Stone Cloth interior. :)

Platinum white! It's the fastest color Ford makes.

You answered your own question. Sound like Ingot Silver to me. The truck looks great in every color. Can't go wrong.

Well - you were right. I just got back from the dealership and I opted for the Ingot Silver. Now, I play the waiting game...

Grey just made another appearance on Fringe tonight. Funny how both the X and the Edge were unmarked police cars, but they put the person arrested in the Edge. Guess the X is too good for that :)

Grey just made another appearance on Fringe tonight. Funny how both the X and the Edge were unmarked police cars, but they put the person arrested in the Edge. Guess the X is too good for that :)

Funny cause the Ex is one of the new Interceptors.

Tuxedo Black all the way.

I purchased Candy Red Metallic, mainly because this color came from the factory with an additional 17 HP and is only built by the Senior Ford Techs. IIRC, they practice on the Sterling Silver, Ingot Silver, and White ones.:)

I heard the new trainees worked with the red ones so the blood stains weren't so obvious when when they had to fight with the parts. ;)

shiny bronze! saw one at the dealers and I knew it was special. Love the red or white too but the bronze won. Still wish it had a heated steering wheel in this coooool country.

I ordered tuxedo black. Only because I've always wanted an old school "gangster" type car but never wanted to fix up an old car. Once I get the front windows tinted, I'll be as Johnny Depp as I can get.

Back