What color/colour is your 2013/14 Ford Explorer Sport? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What color/colour is your 2013/14 Ford Explorer Sport?

What color/colour is your 2013/14 Ford Explorer Sport?

• Ingot Silver

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Tuxedo Black

Votes: 24 35.3%
  • Platinum White Tri-Coat

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat

Votes: 14 20.6%

• Total voters

LIVIO

Reaction score
City, State
York Region, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
17 Ford Explorer Platinum
Hello, as a new owner of a 2014 Ford Explorer Sport in Tuxedo Black I am just curious what colors/colours are popular with other owners for 2013 & 2014.

Thanks everyone and no offence to other model Explorer owners.

Great vehicles and replacing my 2011 Edge Sport was the next step up for me.

1) Ingot Silver

2) Tuxedo Black

3) Platinum White Tri-Coat

4) Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I liked the look of black, but I was not interested in getting another black car. I went from an '07 Ironman in black to '14 silver sport. Both are company cars.

I've yet to see a Silver Sport on the roads of Dallas.

Nor have I seen one in the wilds of the great white north.

Ruby Red, was the one i liked best at first glimpse and still my favorite. Get a lot of compliments on the vehicle from random people.

I wanted black but the dealer could only find me a white one. It grew on me and after seeing a few black and red sports, I think the white still looks the best. I like that it looks clean even after not washing it for a few weeks. I will try to stay away from dark cars from now on. :)

White Platinum

... with the pecan/black seats. Wife's car :D I see lots of these around here in OKC. If it was mine, I'd have the ruby red.

Kodiak Brown with pecan/ black seats

Had a silver and black suv before getting a plat white EX. couldn't be happier.

IMO, the white looks real slick with the black-out trim. But not QUITE as sexy as the black on black. :)

I got my 2014 Sport about 2 weeks ago.. Tuxedo Black. LOVE IT!!

Kodiak Brown with pecan/ black seats

custom color, or do you need some custom glasses to read the thread title again? lol j/k

We got white. The black looks the best, but I was not dealing with black for a DD again....especially since it's my wife's DD and not even my own lol. I'm not a fan of red, especially maroonish red, although I'll admit it does look pretty good on the sport. Silver I usually like, but it just didn't pop with the plastic body cladding on the sport. We test drove a silver one. White had a nice contrast, a PITA to keep clean but not anywhere near as bad as black, and the pearl color to it was enough to sell me on the white. If it was just oxford white we probably would have chosen another color, although I'm not sure which.

I am coming from a black 2002 Dakota R/T and a black 2007 H3.

The metallic black on my Sport I find very easy to clean compared to my older vehicles. The pearl metallic in the paint hides scratches, swirls, and dust. Then again I am very **** about cleaning my car.

After having a white Cayman, wife wanted the Ex in white also, so that is what we got. For me personally, it is a tie between white and black.

I've yet to see a Silver Sport on the roads of Dallas.

Just saw one yesterday on HWY 360... The color didn’t pop like the BLK or White. It looked so so.... The BLK & Wht are still my fav colors... Side note I have been shopping around the MetroPlex for a paint and body shop to paint the lower part of the truck the same colors as the rest of the vehicle. Quotes between $600 and $1200 for the job.

I was pushing the wife towards a black one and she was pretty much set on it. She found a white one local to us with the two tone leather and went and took a look one day while I was at work.

You can guess what one we got :).

I love the white. Its great looking. I still think black is a bit more aggressive looking, but this white is hot. She's happy, so I'm happy.

Platinum White Tri-Coat with the sienna brown/black seats

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a black edge sport, and I have a white 2014 ex sport ordered

Back