• Register Today It's free!

What colors are you seeing

esandye

Reaction score
City, State
Oklahoma City
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator
To kill time today while I'm waiting for my Ex, I went to 4 dealers while they were closed to see what they had. I only saw 3, 2 in bordeaux both XLT's and 1 white limited. I've only seen black, silver, bordeaux, white and 1 golden bronze color. I order sterling grey and was trying to see one, no luck. What colors are you seeing and I wander what is the most popular color. (I would guess the 2 versions of white)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In my neck of the woods they are all either Black or white. I ordered the Bordeaux ,saw it on an MKX and it looks great.

I saw black and red metallic on the dealer lots when I was buying mine in January. Also saw a white suede, and Kona Blue. Mines is Ingot Silver. Ones I saw on the road and in some people's parking lots were two Kona Blues, and one White Platinum Tri - Coat. The rarity of this vehicle gives it the status of a ultra rare car. =D

I've seen just about every color at the dealerships. Truck looks great in every color. The only color I have not seen yet is Gold Leaf. The most popular color I've seen on the road, is the White Platinum.

I'm seeing more and more on the roads lately. The most common colors I've seen around here are ingot silver and tuxedo black, but I've seen just about everything on the road (except for gold leaf and red candy).

I've only seen one and it was white platinum.

To kill time today while I'm waiting for my Ex, I went to 4 dealers while they were closed to see what they had. I only saw 3, 2 in bordeaux both XLT's and 1 white limited. I've only seen black, silver, bordeaux, white and 1 golden bronze color. I order sterling grey and was trying to see one, no luck. What colors are you seeing and I wander what is the most popular color. (I would guess the 2 versions of white)
The only one I've seen on the road was grey. My dealer had a black one and another dealer has a gold leaf one on the lot. The previous one he had was grey. Note I said 'had'. Picking my white one up tomorrow and I'll see what the other Ex colour is that came in at the same time.

In the West I have seen nothing but Tri-Coat White and Tuxedo Black on Dealer lots.........probably the quickest sellers.

I know about 50% of Explorers ordered are Limited models.

It would be good to start a poll on this site where everyone could vote for their colour and model.

Be interesting to see what is popular.

Whew. So the White Suede still exists? I thought I was crazy... the color option is not listed on Ford's Explorer site - unless I am blind.

http://www.ford.com/suvs/explorer/

Edit: Just downloaded the e-brochure and it doesn't list White suede as a color option for Limited's. Is that true? D'oh.

Mine is white suede. Though XLT, not Limited. I've had mine for about 4 weeks, and I still have not seen any on the roads.
When I went to the dealer to purchase/test drive, they had a bordeaux - which is very, very dark.

I just looked at my brochure from the dealer, and you are correct. It does not show the white suede as a color for the Limited. You'd have to get the White Platinum Tri I guess.

we have red our neighbor has gold, only two I have seen. Our dealer has three on order, red, black & white.

I haven't seen one actually rolling down the road in my neck of the woods....except for the Silver XLT I picked up on Saturday:)

One black, one silver.

Waiting impatiently to see a red candy in my driveway.

Back