rookieshooter

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Martinsburg WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
84 BII "Li'l Samson"
I like the way some of you guys have your winch controls mounted on your dash. But I was thinking why not have one of these mounted in such a way on your dash and then be able to take it out when you need to be close to the pulling end?
Most of the times I have used my winch I'm always by myself and seems that I have to keep going back and forth to my remote that has about a 10' cord.
For example when I'm pulling out fire wood or deer. Seems those huge racks keep getting hung up in the brush. Then I have to go back down and relocate that monster buck (spike) if the truth was known.

Anybody have any experiance with one and if so how do you like it?

http://www.roadlessgear.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?&store_code=rgj&screen=PROD&product_code=RG630

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Seems like a good idea. Just be sure you still carry around the stock remote just in case the batteries die, or the receiver gets caked in mud, etc.

That's a good point. For sure I would lay it down out in the woods only to lose it or covered up by a fresh steaming gut pile rendering the batteries useless.

Rick, PBB has a great thread about making your own wireless winch control using an ATV controller. Also, in the same thread I think there is info on a HF wireless controller too. I'll see if I can locate it.

Sounds great, any help will be appreciated.

I Installed mine today, and seems like a decent product for the dollars. Will probably do real world tests later this week, at this point I'd recommend this product.

Back