X wont start. loud constant click noise made | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

X wont start. loud constant click noise made

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobdreadknot

swimming in chicken eggs
Reaction score
City, State
Camp Pendleton, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 sport
i put in new healights last night and had the lights on for about two hours at most. tried to go to school this morining and when i try to start it, it makes a constant click, like somthing is turing but not connecting fully, just rubbing against it. i still have power so i dont think the battery is in question.

i gatta go to work tonight. it wouldnt be a prob if i didnt deliver pizza:mad:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think your battery is dead...Try charging it or jump starting it first. If that doesnt work, make sure all your battery and starter connections are good, secure, and clean. Its definatly electrical related though...

Ok I re-read your post, so your truck is starting?

Ok now Im really confused, in the thread title it says your X wont start, and in the thread you say it does start?

If your truck wont start, use my first post. Your battery probably doenst have enough juice to crank the engine.

no it turns over but no start, just clicks

Turn over fast or slow?

its a fast click. i edited my post.sorry about that, but the truck will not start at all.

Yea charge your battery or get a jump, I almost bet that your battery is a little weak...

all right. when i get home from school ill jump it. ill let yall know the outcome at about 1 ish.

ok well i tried to jump and it went from a long constant click while holding key all the over to turn it on and now it just clicks once and wants to start but wont. so what the deal. could it be the starter?

ok just tried it again and when its not being jumped it makes the constant click noises but when jumped it tries to turn over but wont. any ideas?

get a new battery and clean the termails while you are at it chances are when you are jumping it the cables either have a bad connection or the car you are jumping has a weak/small batt

BATTERY... CHARGE longer, or disconnect terminals and connect jumpers directly to terminals.

LOW battery- starter usually engages, but won't turn over, or turns over real slow

VERY LOW battery - solenoid just clicks

Thats why it clicks fast when not jumped and tries to start when jumped.

ok problem solved. turns out it was just a bad batt. next time ill just test the batt first;)

thanks guys

issue resolved topic closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back