yellow headlights... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

yellow headlights...

The lenses in my headlights are yellowing... I've seen it on TONS of other trucks... any reccomendations for cheap replacements? What years' lenses will work on a '93? I'm thinking a newer model from a junkyard might work if they fit...

-Joe-

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

by meguires clear plastic cleaner and clean them all of the way around. it will take some scrubbing, but they will be good as new.

will they actually come clear? It looks as though they are spider-cracked across the surface.... It might be worth a try, though...

-Joe-

I tried cleaning mine with Meguire's but it didn't help much...I guess I'm just gonna have to get a new set of headlights. How do I change them?

before changing them you might also want to take them out and clean the insides. this might not be a good thing to post, but i cleaned mine on the inside with um diluted formula 420 solvent. it has some citric acid and some sand like particles and it worked pretty well. it's also pretty cheap and available wherever you can buy water pipes and stuff. nobody here is from the feds right? well anyways, i don't do anything illegal i just bought that stuff to clean my headllights.

Originally posted by expo5.0
before changing them you might also want to take them out and clean the insides. this might not be a good thing to post, but i cleaned mine on the inside with um diluted formula 420 solvent. it has some citric acid and some sand like particles and it worked pretty well. it's also pretty cheap and available wherever you can buy water pipes and stuff. nobody here is from the feds right? well anyways, i don't do anything illegal i just bought that stuff to clean my headllights.
Hmm, maybe I'll give it another try. How do I take the headlights out?

disconnect negative battery cable. remove the big plastic thing that covers the top of the lights, remove the corners (carefully when taking the bulbs out of the corners, i broke one last time i was in there) then use needle nose pliers and squeeze the plastic clips and pull it away. that might not be exactly the same for your x i don't remember what year you had, but that is the general idea. and also be extremely careful not to touch the bulbs, or at least clean them with alcahol if you do.

are you just asking so you can try it later? or do you plan on doing it right now? (which would imply that you had some formula on hand, just waiting to clean some headlights?)

:smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

if you do need new headlights, they have them on ebay right now

you can also try wetsanding them. try the search function. this was posted like 4 months ago and there was a link with very detailed instructions.

Originally posted by expo5.0
are you just asking so you can try it later? or do you plan on doing it right now? (which would imply that you had some formula on hand, just waiting to clean some headlights?)

:smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:
:nono:

LOL...:)

Back