Modern aftermarket headlights? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Modern aftermarket headlights?

Does anyone offer any type of replacement headlights with a more modern look? The only thing I don't like about the look of my 01 XLT is the headlights --they are yellowed and nasty and make the whole truck look bad.

I've already changed out the taillights with something far nicer, but now I want to do the headlights too. I've tried the clear-corner style, and that did look decent for a while until they yellowed too. Help!

Thanks,
Blue

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bill Kemp said:
Well, all the uneeded rice comments aside, there is nothing else out there to improve the headlights and keep the Explorer looks. Not everyone wants to look like a Merc. Although I don't know why not :D

The Mountie never was introduced north of your border. They're pretty rare up here (although I do see the odd one). Ford did away with the Mercury name altogether in Canada. All "Mercury-Lincoln" dealerships were renamed to "Ford" as well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I didnt change the grill any. Just must be the reflection from the lights hiding the vert. bars.

lol thats the first time my truck has ever been refered to as being ricey

about time someone told you the truth

oh snaps

good one drew urs looked just like mine not to long ago and also like u said, how can a basically stock exterior of a ford explorer look "ricey"

heh, why aren't you on aim?

Back