New Ford Ranger Wheels 97 Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Ford Ranger Wheels 97 Sport

I picked up my take-off ranger wheels and tires on Sunday. I think they make the truck look a lot different. No more little car tires.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• Explorer quart - before.JPG
    Explorer quart - before.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,543
  • Explorer quart - after.jpg
    Explorer quart - after.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 1,912

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey, I'm an elite exploder now!

Attachments

• Explorer side - before.JPG
    Explorer side - before.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,120
  • Explorer side - after 01.JPG
    Explorer side - after 01.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 3,901

I love it.....looks awsome. Would look good with a tt and shackels, just my .02.

thats pretty nice. I agree with Moose1 too.

I would like to get new leaf packs built for the rear. That would be just to level it out. It sags in the rear and more so on the driver's side.

Thanks for the :thumbsup: guys!

nice !

Great upgrade

very nice! i wanted to do this for my truck too - those exact same wheels but i couldn't find any for a good price. i just went ahead and put on some new tires (which ride amazingly).. but i def. love that look! nice pick up!

Thanks,

I actually found a set of these, bought them and while I was in the process of looking at tires ($600), I found the set that is on my truck w/tires for much less $ than the new tires were going to cost.

I will probably be posting the first set I bought in the classifieds before long. Need to get some pictures first. It will be cool, I can use my truck for a demo. :D

I forgot to mention...the new tires are about 2 inches taller than the old tires. See picture:

Attachments

• tires.jpg
    tires.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 1,048

Those are great looking wheels and tires!

Good choice.
:thumbsup:

Looks awesome man. Definitely adds a lot more truck to it. Take care.

moose1 said:
I love it.....looks awsome. Would look good with a tt and shackels, just my .02.

Yes and get some better tires, i hated my wrangler rts.

-Rich

As soon as they wear out. I have noticed that the exploder doesn't handle as well with these tires as it did with the old tires. Although, the ride is a lot smoother. Right now I drive about 300+ miles/week so a lift is out of the question (mpg's). I do like the look of a lifted explorer though.

What size are the Goodyears?

I went from a 235x75x15 to a 255x70x15, and it made a big difference in handling. The overall tire diameter remained the same, but the tread width increase and resulting track increase made the vehicle much more stable.

Wow! The wheels look incredible!! Im looking to do this exact upgrade to my 97 Sport. Would love to know what year the ranger wheels are from and if they were a direct mount (bolt pattern was the same, etc) Also, are they 16" or 17"?

Diggman33 said:
Wow! The wheels look incredible!! Im looking to do this exact upgrade to my 97 Sport. Would love to know what year the ranger wheels are from and if they were a direct mount (bolt pattern was the same, etc) Also, are they 16" or 17"?

Hi.

Thanks!

I think they are 2002 up wheels.

Direct bolt. Bolt pattern is the same and backspacing is perfect.

They are 16".

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back