Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2015 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > Ford Explorer Ranger Repair - Troubleshooting - Modifications & Detailing Forums > Ford Explorer Sport Trac Forums > 2007 - 2010 Explorer Sport Trac

Notices

2007 - 2010 Explorer Sport Trac All questions about the stock 2006- 2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac.

2007 Ford Sport Trac, Tire Sensor Fault

Old 02-19-2009, 12:55 PM   #1
svtony45
simi valley
2007 ford explorer sport

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
2007 Ford Sport Trac, Tire Sensor Fault

I had a blow out on the left front tire, It ripped out the horn, Now my tire sensor fault light stays on. Ford told me, the horn is linked to the tire sensor circuit, and that, when i replace the horn, everything should work fine, and the light would go out. They wanted $400.00 to replace the horn, and repair the wiring, I opt'd to do the repair myself. Is this true about the horn affecting the tire monitoring system, and making the fault light stay on?

Thanks.
svtony45 is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer member. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 04-30-2010, 02:36 PM   #2
felix05flores
2007 xlt

Vehicle Specs

I have 07 xlt explorer n my. Tire sensor gauge turns on what should I check first
felix05flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:35 PM   #3
GreenMando
Columbia, CA
'08 Sport Trac XLT 4x4 V8

Vehicle Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix05flores View Post
I have 07 xlt explorer n my. Tire sensor gauge turns on what should I check first
Mine turns on when tire pressure drops to 30.
GreenMando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:47 PM   #4
fordhelper
Orchard Park, NY
02 Eddie Bauer

Vehicle Specs

Have a 2007 Explorer. Tire Monitor Fault & Tire Sensor Fault lights come on and dealer can't figure out why. No codes come up. Any advice?
fordhelper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:50 PM   #5
fordhelper
Orchard Park, NY
02 Eddie Bauer

Vehicle Specs

Tire Monitor Fault/Tire Sensor Fault lights.

Have a 2007 Explorer. Both Tire Monitor Fault/ Tire Sensor Fault light come on, stay on for awhile and then goes out. Dealer says no codes are coming up. Any advice. Thanks.
fordhelper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:21 PM   #6
GSU4x4
Canton, GA
'07 Sport Trac XLT

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Did you recently have your tires replaced? I had new tires put on and the mechanic busted one of the sensors and I kept getting a tire sensor fault, made them replace it for free and reset them all and that fixed the problem.

Gorilla Black Lug Nuts - Plasti-Dipped Parts - Steelcraft Step Bars - 24" LED Light Bar
GSU4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:24 AM   #7
40twist
Pennsylvania
2007 Sport Trac xlt 4wd

Vehicle Specs

When I did tires on my 07 I had to relearn all the TPMS sensors to turn the light off. Needed my otc tool to do it....had to get the TPMS system into learn mode then relearn them all.
40twist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:20 PM   #8
drouellette
Suffield, CT
2007 ST XLT v8

Vehicle Specs

Same thing happened to me, bought new tires at town fair tire, the mechanic broke the left rear sensor (didnt say anything to me) I drove it out of the shop and a week later the sensor light came on and stayed on. (checked the pressure is/was at the correct psi) brought it back, they found the broken sensor (it was loose in my tire making a racket) they brought it to ford, replaced the part. same thing happend all over again, the sensor broke off on the inside of the tire on the same tire, I drove it back again, they said they fixed it- but, I still hear the broken sensor rattling away in the tire, and when the pressure gets to 15psi (really low) the sensor light doesnt turn on! at thats in the other three tires- they must of turned off the sensor all together on my last visit-
drouellette is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggest this thread to friends:

Join the "Elite Explorers" Today!

Search Explorer Forum

Top of Page