Just purchased 2015 Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just purchased 2015 Explorer Sport

Emt1530

Reaction score
City, State
Sachse, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
The Sport was purchased with only 10 miles on it. We enjoy driving it ut the gas mileage is not what we expected. We called the dealership and was told there is a break in period. Can someone explain this to me? We have been averaging less than 15 mpg. I just filled it up this afternoon and it gauge read 240 miles till next refill and it was 15.5 gallons.

When will the MPG's increase? Any recourse to returning the Sport?

I had a 2014 Corvette Stingray that was much better in MPG's.

Any assistance will be appreciated?

Regards,
Ernie

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! There are many factors for this (driving habits, stop & go traffic, quality of gasoline, weight in the vehicle with people & cargo, cargo on the roof rack, tire pressure, A/C & overdrive usage, etc).

My driving habits was worse with the Vette, top down and AC running and still had better MPGs

My driving habits was worse with the Vette, top down and AC running and still had better MPGs

If it helps, I noticed my MPG improving once my Explorer began learning my driving habits. Perhaps keep track of it and report on it later after some time has passed.

Drove to Austin from Dallas. Average MPGs 15.4. This is crazy...why so low???

Thanks Rick...we like the Explorer but disappointed on the gas mileage.

Back